• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SamoaAmericana.mobi - Spanish for American Samoa

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldomain

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
523
Reaction score
0
American Samoa is one of US overseas possessions. It has a bunch of resorts and hotels, and it is a tropical island with cool climate.

Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Samoa

AmericanSamoa.mobi (an English name) is reserved by .mobi TLD and will be auctioned at thousands dollars next year; so IMO SamoaAmericana.mobi (Spanish) has chances!

Please appraise.

Update:

I see here some appraisals that are IMO a little bit uncool. Did the appraisers take in account that American Samoa is a recreation place?
 
reg fee. I can't see anyone typing that in their mobile devices.
 
The whole auction thing will be interesting to see if this very well set up scam to make a handful of people rich will work or not..I think the only chance you have is to approach the future buyer of the English version and maybe turn a small profit, besides that I think its regfee
 
less than reg fee imo


feel the same about "reserved .mobi" names being part of a scam to boost interest in names that are unavailable to register.
 
I wouldn't call encouraging the top names to be developed a scam. If the public remembers and uses the extension, then its no scam.

Switching keywords may help with search engine ranking, but to take a place that has interest to Americans and then translate into another language, doesn't mean those people will have any interest.

I would recommend doing a little more research in the language of choice if you're going to reg non-english names.

Reg fee unfortunately.
 
I would recommend doing a little more research in the language of choice if you're going to reg non-english names.

Are you sure you are giving a professional opinion? Samoa Americana is exactly how American Samoa spells in Spanish. Also it has same spelling in Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese (a total of 220mn speakers, in addition to about half a billion Spanish speakers)
 
Are you sure you are giving a professional opinion? Samoa Americana is exactly how American Samoa spells in Spanish. Also it has same spelling in Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese (a total of 220mn speakers, in addition to about half a billion Spanish speakers)

Regardless if the name is in perfect spanish and there are a billion spanish speakers, you might like to research if spanish speaking people give a crap about it.

I.E. Americans and Spanish people have heard of NewYork and lots of both will be interested in it. Columbus Ohio - Americans will care, but not so many spanish people give a crap about it so translating it perfectly into its spanish name might not be a good choice.
 
It still looks appraisals in this thread are either non-professional or inaccurate. American Samoa has lots of resorts, accomodations and other pleasant things, yet you believe Spanish version for it is worth just reg fee.
 
imho, samoa.mobi will be quite a valuable domain. But I doubt many people would type in samoaamericana into their mobile phones
 
It still looks appraisals in this thread are either non-professional or inaccurate. American Samoa has lots of resorts, accomodations and other pleasant things, yet you believe Spanish version for it is worth just reg fee.

OK... and how much could Hungria.mobi be worth, in your opinion? This is Spanish for Hungary.mobi (which is also a reserved .mobi name).
reg fee. It is a Spanish word for an Eastern European country, and a .mobi at that. Why would anyone ever type that into their mobile device?

Why do you think these names are worth anything? Why do you think anyone would consider paying you money for these names - especially when they can purchase other extensions for less money?
 
reg fee. It is a Spanish word for an Eastern European country, and a .mobi at that. Why would anyone ever type that into their mobile device?

Why do you think these names are worth anything? Why do you think anyone would consider paying you money for these names - especially when they can purchase other extensions for less money?

American Samoa is an Eastern European country? LOL... you need to pass an appraiser's course ;).
 
American Samoa is an Eastern European country? LOL... you need to pass an appraiser's course ;).
You edited another one of your crappy names from the post, Hungria.mobi which is "Spanish for Hungary," hence the "Last edited by cooldomain : Today at 09:54 PM." Hungary is located in Eastern Europe, which is what I stated.

I find it amusing that you keep registering worthless names and ask us for our "professional opinions," and when we tell you how worthless they are, you argue with us.

To add to that, you are DISHONEST by editing your post and implying that I erred, when in fact YOU were being UNETHICAL.
 
You edited another one of your crappy names from the post, Hungria.mobi which is "Spanish for Hungary," hence the "Last edited by cooldomain : Today at 09:54 PM." Hungary is located in Eastern Europe, which is what I stated.

I find it amusing that you keep registering worthless names and ask us for our "professional opinions," and when we tell you how worthless they are, you argue with us.

To add to that, you are DISHONEST by editing your post and implying that I erred, when in fact YOU were being UNETHICAL.

And if there is any doubt:


I had to delete it, since I have been amazed by your biased half-idiotical appraisal. I will never ask you to appraise anything else.
 
I had to delete it, since I have been amazed by your biased half-idiotical appraisal. I will never ask you to appraise anything else.
Well, just about every other respected member has appraised just about everyone one of your names at or barely above reg. fee. A word of advice since you are clearly a newbie. Before you go on a registration spree, think about whether you personally would pay more than reg. fee for the name. Scour the DNJournal.com sales to date list, review the sales on this forum, and try to buy similar names. Try to determine what caused the particular name to sell for that price, and try to find names that have similar traits. Frequently, just because one name sold for $1,000, other extensions/spellings/variations could be worthless. Take for example a name I owned, Unequaled.org. The .com of this name sold for $8.350 this year. My name didn't sell for close to that. Learn from your mistakes, know the market and capitalize.

Also, don't bite the hand that feeds you. The rude posts you have been making in response to appraisals have probably turned many buyers here against you, and they probably would never give any money for any of your names. It is a small industry, and often when dealing on the internet, people only get to know your "persona." You may be a nice guy in person, but if people don't like your "online persona" they won't do business with you. Sometimes it is better to not say anything and be thought of as a bigger and better person than to get involved in a lose-lose pissing match. This is important online and in person. Better to learn this late than never. Just a piece of advice.
 
Hey why are you so agressive towards Spanish country names?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom