Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

San Diego Here We Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds good hope you guys have fun. I hope to see some of this in DNJournal :)

Register for the auction

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depending on the date, I may be interested...

It would need to be very early April (or possibly end of March) for me to make it. Also, since I am under legal drinking age, I would need a fake ID :-D

If the date gets changed to late March and I can find a reasonable flight/motel package, I might be able to show up, I would sure love to meet some of you guys!

for the record, the dates I could possibly make it iare from March 12-29 (Spring Break) and from April 8-12 (Easter weekend)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Depending on the date, I may be interested...

It would need to be very early April (or possibly end of March) for me to make it. Also, since I am under legal drinking age, I would need a fake ID :-D

If the date gets changed to late March and I can find a reasonable flight/motel package, I might be able to show up, I would sure love to meet some of you guys!

for the record, the dates I could possibly make it iare from March 12-29 (Spring Break) and from April 8-12 (Easter weekend)

I think you're looking at the wrong calendar on holidays:

Easter 2005
Ash Wednesday is 9 February
Palm Sunday is 20 March
Good Friday is 25 March
(Western) Easter Sunday is 27 March

We're looking at April 6 - 9 to avoid holidays and spring break.

doubledee999 said:
will this possibly include a field trip to oversee/domainsponsor?

Not sure how far San Diego is from LA

It's generally a 2.5 hour drive in non-rush hour traffic.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sounds great to me. I've been to the S.D. area several times for both business and pleasure, and have to say that there is no better place for an informal domainer gathering than the little California paradise known as San Diego. Great places to eat, cool bars/pubs (gaslamp district!!), perfect weather, and of course, the BEACH. I'm certainly interested in attending.

-Joe :eek:k:

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd probably be interested as well, once we decide on a date.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GregR wrote:

Call this a conference for the little guy if you want but I think some of these sponsors are fine with signing up a bunch of little guys. The big guys are pretty much set in their ways.
+++++++++++++++++

How about we call it the domain conference without the big egos and without the big grudges?

Just: business and fun!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
according to our school calender Easter break is April 9-12 for us...

What about late March - when is Spring Break down there in Cali?

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey. Just for the hell of it. Lets call it G.R.I.D.L.O.C.K? or R.O.A.D.R.A.G.E. or. ????? Suggest a name you friggen namers. ANd this. Smaller players is cool. DomSPo has an OBLIGATION to SPO a smaller non- elitest event in some Form. The T.R.A.F.F.I.C. guys might be the main course, but the small guy is DS bread and butter. They know it, because the big players have enough TRAFFIC to circumvent them. Its the small guy, not ult, bd, digi, caymen, smartassname, etcc... that are bringing home th bacon for DS. Its you and I, the little guy with sub 500 k uniques. We may be obscure, but we pay the bills. We deserve a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. It is the small TRAFFIC combined that holds the power. The elitests can go there own way. They dont need a sponsor. If the small guys unite, hehe, form a UNION, we will then have some leverage. We need a council. Think about this. We can strike, negotiate, arbitrate. The big guys can do there thing, but the sub 500 club carrys more clout when combined. Just the thought of this has to scare the shit out of some people. Domainers united? Local 500. 500 sub 500k per mo. unique trafficers united, (and some bigger that sense the brotherhood, a.k.a. Ricks ( maybe) we know hes got the traffic. If we all pulled the plug for a week, somebodys gonna take notice. Yes,TRASFFIC organizers are right. TRAFFIC RULES, , and they who hold it MAKE THE RULES. Those big guys arent using DS folks. SOrry for my foolish rant. I had a couple beers.

Side Note.
Those of you offended by the TRAFFIC gathering, rules, lists etc.... DOnt be. Not worth it. Overpriced, ovepayed, under attended super hyped event. What came out of it?? $900 dvd. What a joke. I Dont know that Schwarez guy, so I wont judge him. But the event is an eye opener and we should all be thankful for that. If you werent invited, unqualified, feel dissed, or couldn't afford it, dont sweat it. Who cares? PHUCK EM. I havent seen enough evidence to suggest that I missed something that would have justified the expense, and bragging about being there just wouldn't cut it for me. My ego doesnt need to be fed by some event that has restrictions, that I have to pass some test for, be it portfolio, qualified traffic etc... I love domain sponsor for what they do, but for them to support the imperialistic motivations of the elite, those who would subject the majority of domain sponsors bread winners to inferior status, is just ludicrous. They might get a slide the first time around, be it a new event, an awakening. But we are awake now, and your competition is awake too. SnapNames ruled the roost, and they drowned in the POOL for a while. Now the POOL is contaminated, and the fish are dying. What comes around goes around. See you around domainers.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If someone can confirm that the Russian scammers will be there count me in. I would like to chat with them out in the back.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NexSite said:
Hey. Just for the hell of it. Lets call it G.R.I.D.L.O.C.K? or R.O.A.D.R.A.G.E. or. ????? Suggest a name you friggen namers. ANd this. Smaller players is cool. DomSPo has an OBLIGATION to SPO a smaller non- elitest event in some Form. The T.R.A.F.F.I.C. guys might be the main course, but the small guy is DS bread and butter. They know it, because the big players have enough TRAFFIC to circumvent them. Its the small guy, not ult, bd, digi, caymen, smartassname, etcc... that are bringing home th bacon for DS. Its you and I, the little guy with sub 500 k uniques. We may be obscure, but we pay the bills. We deserve a little R.E.S.P.E.C.T. It is the small TRAFFIC combined that holds the power. The elitests can go there own way. They dont need a sponsor. If the small guys unite, hehe, form a UNION, we will then have some leverage. We need a council. Think about this. We can strike, negotiate, arbitrate. The big guys can do there thing, but the sub 500 club carrys more clout when combined. Just the thought of this has to scare the shit out of some people. Domainers united? Local 500. 500 sub 500k per mo. unique trafficers united, (and some bigger that sense the brotherhood, a.k.a. Ricks ( maybe) we know hes got the traffic. If we all pulled the plug for a week, somebodys gonna take notice. Yes,TRASFFIC organizers are right. TRAFFIC RULES, , and they who hold it MAKE THE RULES. Those big guys arent using DS folks. SOrry for my foolish rant. I had a couple beers.

Side Note.
Those of you offended by the TRAFFIC gathering, rules, lists etc.... DOnt be. Not worth it. Overpriced, ovepayed, under attended super hyped event. What came out of it?? $900 dvd. What a joke. I Dont know that Schwarez guy, so I wont judge him. But the event is an eye opener and we should all be thankful for that. If you werent invited, unqualified, feel dissed, or couldn't afford it, dont sweat it. Who cares? PHUCK EM. I havent seen enough evidence to suggest that I missed something that would have justified the expense, and bragging about being there just wouldn't cut it for me. My ego doesnt need to be fed by some event that has restrictions, that I have to pass some test for, be it portfolio, qualified traffic etc... I love domain sponsor for what they do, but for them to support the imperialistic motivations of the elite, those who would subject the majority of domain sponsors bread winners to inferior status, is just ludicrous. They might get a slide the first time around, be it a new event, an awakening. But we are awake now, and your competition is awake too. SnapNames ruled the roost, and they drowned in the POOL for a while. Now the POOL is contaminated, and the fish are dying. What comes around goes around. See you around domainers.

You have the right attitude. San Diego April 6-9 2005 Be there!

domainscot

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
april would be fine auzzies are ok but no english please

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what I've come up with so far.

Early bird special $195 until the end of the year. Jan 1- Feb 28 $295. March 1 - Event $395.

The more that sign up, the more extras can be added to the agenda.

Every attendee must put up a domain name to be auctioned at a live auction Friday. A prize will be given to the seller that fetches the highest price.

You'll have a login at www.DollarSigns.com where you can change the domain name you're selling until March 31.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Flying to San Diego:

Many flights to San Diego (SAN) involve a plane change in Los Angeles (LAX).
I try to avoid this because:

1) The LAX-SAN flights are all prop-driven 'puddle jumpers'
2) LAX has a special 'puddle jumper' terminal in a remote spot of the
airport. When you think you're going to a 'gate' in LAX, you're herded outside
and into a big bus, which takes you to a this special terminal, where you wait for
your boarding call. If you have to do this, be sure to allow an extra 15 - 20 minutes
for this extra step each way.

To avoid this, I try to book plane changes farther away; then you're assured of a 'real'
jet plane, not a puddle jumper. Usually it's the same price. Depending on your airline,
you can usually do your plane change in Dallas (DFW), San Francisco (SFO) or Las Vegas (LAS).

Consider Southwest (www.IFlySWA.com), they sometimes have great prices. They have nonstop flights
from Baltimore (BWI) (#2114 & #280) and Chicago (MDW).

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just bought my airline tickets. It was only $394. It would have been cheaper if I left from Houston or Dallas but I'm taking a puddle jumper from College Station to Dallas.

So we have at least 2 attendees. :)

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
I just bought my airline tickets. It was only $394. It would have been cheaper if I left from Houston or Dallas but I'm taking a puddle jumper from College Station to Dallas.

So we have at least 2 attendees. :)

Greg,

Now you need to start collecting the conference fee from people. Please post only those who have paid, as I will sign up if it is based on a real event with people making a real commitment to attend. Without a prepaid conference fee, you only have talk. Having the fee go up over time is a good move. Reward those who commit early.

As for the post about DS and what is important to them, I would not call anyone with 300,000 uniques/month as small fry. That is 10,000/day. It is not like the guy who has 10x that, but it is important to them or any other PPC service. If this event gets enough attendance, you will probably get people from DS driving down to San Diego, rather than have to drive up to see them. In fact, you might get Fabulous, Sedo, and others to attend.

hiOsilver said:
Greg,

Now you need to start collecting the conference fee from people. Please post only those who have paid, as I will sign up if it is based on a real event with people making a real commitment to attend. Without a prepaid conference fee, you only have talk. Having the fee go up over time is a good move. Reward those who commit early.

If you get a decent number of people sign up, then I am wiling to have my bottled water company hiOsilver, be an official sponsor. While hiOsilver, the water business, is not really in the domain business, we could certainly donate plenty of bottled water for attendees.

As for the post about DS and what is important to them, I would not call anyone with 300,000 uniques/month as small fry. That is 10,000/day. It is not like the guy who has 10x that, but it is important to DomainSponsor or any other PPC service. If this event gets enough attendance, you will probably get people from DS driving down to San Diego, rather than have to drive up to see them. In fact, you might get Fabulous, Sedo, and others to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom