• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SanterÃ*a.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beantown

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Hi,
Just purchased this IDN on Sedo. This is the actual spelling of the religious tradition (see the wikipedia entry here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santería). The total number of followers is in the millions and many are Spanish speaking from what little I know about it. I was thinking of developing the site and having affiliate links to sites that sell goods related to santer�*a. Let me know what you all think.
The code is http://www.xn--santera-dza.com/ I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to have the accent displayed properly.
Thanks!

Beantown
 
Last edited:
Hi,
I'm actually having difficulty displaying the correct domain name with the special character. It's basically santeria.com but with an accented "i" at the end, which is the proper spanish spelling.

Beantown
 
Last edited:
I think you may have the incorrect version, unfortunately. It should be "SanterÃ*a" but it looks like you have "Santerìa" according to your post.

However, if you do indeed have the correct version, it could be decent, with over 200,000 Google.es results for the accented version, as well as at least one sponsored result.

IDNs are beginning to enjoy more type-in and revenue, but as always, development will bring more reward down the road.

Good luck!
 
Hey I think I do have the correct version but posted the accent wrong. I'm going to try to fix this now. These IDN's have got me totally backwards, lol. The version I have is here: http://www.xn--santera-dza.com/

Beantown
 
Last edited:
Santería = http://www.xn--santera-dza.com/, so it seems RIGHT.

Spanish is my mother tongue, and I have no problem using accents and ñ with an US keyboard, as long as I set the language as English and the keyboard layout as US English (international). With international layout you can type pretty much anything.

áéíóí öïäë èìòù ç ñ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom