• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

ScaryMovie4.com....Sold or Legally taken away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,146
Reaction score
19
I am big on buying movie domains and holding them until the movie is released in theaters. There was a point where I was willing to buy ScaryMovie4.com (which releases in 2008). This was a few months ago. But the owner wanted a bit too much so I said forget it, to myself.

Today I looked at whois history, and what did I notice? ScaryMovie4.com redirects to ScaryMovie.com and is now owned by Disney. I lost the old owner's email address so I can't ask him if he sold it to them or had it taken away by them.

What do you guys think? Would a domain like this be purchased or taken away via C&D? There are really no live trademarks for "Scary Movie" or anything alike, so what would happen in this situation? Maybe it is a good investment idea to buy movie domains if these companies would purchase from you later on? We all know they have good money to do so. :cheesy:

I'd be interested to hear what you think.
 
try register Scary Movie 5, 6,7...etc now?
 
I thought about it and some pointless movie name registrations would include:

Saving Private Ryan 2
Rocky 7
The Return of The Passion of the Christ
Titanic 2
 
Friday 13th - 195th edition
Nightmare on Elm St. - 138th edition
 
I am big on buying movie domains and holding them until the movie is released in theaters. There was a point where I was willing to buy ScaryMovie4.com (which releases in 2008). This was a few months ago. But the owner wanted a bit too much so I said forget it, to myself.

Today I looked at whois history, and what did I notice? ScaryMovie4.com redirects to ScaryMovie.com and is now owned by Disney. I lost the old owner's email address so I can't ask him if he sold it to them or had it taken away by them.

What do you guys think? Would a domain like this be purchased or taken away via C&D? There are really no live trademarks for "Scary Movie" or anything alike, so what would happen in this situation? Maybe it is a good investment idea to buy movie domains if these companies would purchase from you later on? We all know they have good money to do so. :cheesy:

I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Damn cybersquatters.... its people like you that gives this industry a bad rep.
 
Damn cybersquatters.... its people like you that gives this industry a bad rep.

So I see you have mrspresident.org. I guess you're not holding out to capitilize if Hillary get's elected eh?

You'll just contact her and give her the name for free, right?
 
I thought about it and some pointless movie name registrations would include:

Saving Private Ryan 2
Rocky 7
The Return of The Passion of the Christ
Titanic 2

Actually there were rumours of a Titanic 2 where Di Caprio was found in an ice block and then thawed, dunno about the rest of the movie but sounds rubbish.
 
hunman that was a piss take. Are you joking or are you incredibly stupid :)
 
I thought about it and some pointless movie name registrations would include:

Saving Private Ryan 2
Rocky 7
The Return of The Passion of the Christ
Titanic 2

classic! lol ;)
 
ever heard of udrp... of course disney took scarymovie4.com away
 
Or they purchased it for under court fees like I force the rest of the rich folks to do.
 
Guys stop getting off topic here, please. I really would like to have an answer to my question.

DnWizard why do you assume UDRP? Ofcoarse of I have heard it but that doesn't mean that every name in existence had a UDRP. Some domains are sold. Plus, how would a UDRP work if no trademark on Scary Movie? Come on, back your posts up, don't just post clueless answers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom