Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Scattered.org - high potential, aged, 5400 exact searches, high cpc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludacwisp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SCATTERED.ORG - HIGH POTENTIAL, AGED, 5400 EXACT SEARCHES, HIGH CPC

Domain:
Aged 6+ years - Reg'd August 2005. Just last week and for 5 months prior this site had been a very solid PR4. Dictionary word. Great, underappreciated and misunderstood niche.

History:
This domain would be perfect for an ADD site. I have used it for a while now (while it was PR4) just to build link juice to some of my services. The current site up at scattered.org is not very relevant to the domain name but has helped it to rank very well for some competitive terms. I've gotten all the link juice out of this site I need and no longer have a use for it, as I do not have the time to develop the type of forum I had in mind for it.

The pagerank will most likely return to this site shortly. I've been seeing very odd trends with pagerank lately, and have had domains lose their pagerank only to gain it right back a week or so later. This has nothing to do with why I am selling the site. I am fairly confident the PR4 will return.

Revenue:
http://www.semrush.com/search.php?q=snatcher.org&db=us Here is a listing of some of the forms scattered.org ranks well for in google. These are extremely competitive terms, with very
high CPC. For example, since the CPC on expired domains is 1-5$ per click, I make at least a buck each time someone clicks on adsense from scattered.org.

Additionally, the term scattered receives over 5400 [exact] searches per month. You'll find scattered.org on the front page for that search term. When using the google keyword tool to look up scattered you'll notice that the related terms are predominantly ADD-related, as I will explain under "potential". According to google webmaster tools the site receives about 5800 impressions a month.

Worth:
I paid to have this domain appraised at GoDaddy by an actual person. Here is the link to the appraisal:
http://auctions.godaddy.com/apprais...75466737-7D82-41EB-86C7-5DDF7B2EA399&prog_id=
That's right, $2200-$5800 for the domain itself, based on the metrics it has.

Potential:
This site could easily be used for any type of consolidation service, forum, or site which offers a way to manage scattered assets. Perhaps you have passwords scattered across various web sites, maybe you could create a password management service that uses a 1 password vault to unlock all the other passwords. Maybe a domain portfolio service which manages the domains you own which might be scattered across various registrars, so you don't forget about them.

Another thought I had was to make an Attention Defecit Disorder forum for those with "scattered thoughts". This is a commonly used phrase in the psychiatric practice when referring to ADD.
Bottom line is this domain is a potential cash cow if you were to build up a forum on it, then sell the forum. It could easily go for 4 to 5 figures if you invest the time.

I don't have the time to really sit down and develop this site, though I'd love to. I'm too busy working on my other tools.

Asking Price:
I will consider all offers, but I am asking at least $500 for this domain. That's not asking much when you consider the potential it has. Quick Sale. Serious Buyers only.

*THIS IS A MULTI-FORUM POST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom