Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Scribd.co 65 Visits Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingLikeMike

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scribd.co gets 65 visits per day on average.

Scribd is the world's largest social reading and publishing site.

For the month of June scribd.co had almost 2000 type in traffic visitors.

I did have it parked at parked.com up until today 7/29/11. I did not optimize the parked page at parked.com. It would do much better in revenue on another parking platform like WhyPark or internettraffic.com.

The traffic is all type in from leaving off the m to the .com extension of the high traffic social reading publishing website scribd.com which has an Alexa ranking of 196.

Alexa Traffic Rank for Scribd.com
globe-sm.jpg

Global Rank
icon_tip.png

us.png
Rank in US
icon_tip.png

Sites Linking In
icon_tip.png

Here are the stats for Scribd.co from the month of June at Parked.com. Right click and view image.

scribd_stats.png

scribd_stats2.png

Update: 7/29/2011 - I have now hosted the name on my own server and monetized it with Google adsense. I won't have stats on this for atleast 1 month from now.

A nice custom logo is to go with the sale of the domain/website.

Last edited:

alurian

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello Mike,

I think this domain is pure genius!! How did they missed out registering this one?!
Just wondering, have you tried to offer it to scribd.com?
I think it might fetch at least 4-figures

LivingLikeMike

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello Mike,

I think this domain is pure genius!! How did they missed out registering this one?!
Just wondering, have you tried to offer it to scribd.com?
I think it might fetch at least 4-figures

No I have not tried offering the domain to scribd.com because that would be cyber-squatting which is illegal.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Mike, you've already done that by registering an obvious trademark, stating that you're aware of the source of traffic and by creating an identical logo.

LivingLikeMike

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you been contacted by Scribd lawyers yet? It's a registered trademark
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77795968

Also your logo of Scribd.co is identical to that of Scribd.com - that's two strikes there.

No their lawyers have not tried contacting me.

The logo is different in color. Theirs is white with a blue dot, mine is black with an orange dot with the added CO ending. I can easily change to a different font if needed. The logo is just for reference to give a visual in selling the domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Scribd.com logo

images

Scribd.co logo

scribd.gif

Same font type.

My point is, you make it really clear that you're capitalizing on the fame of a company's tm.

LivingLikeMike

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike, you've already done that by registering an obvious trademark, stating that you're aware of the source of traffic and by creating an identical logo.

look up the definition of cyber-squatting. It is when a domain holder deliberately registers a company's brand with intend on selling to the company for profit. No, that is not what I am doing. I've never tried to sell it to scribd.com. I purchased it because it's a misspelling in the domain extension. People register these kinds of names all the time to forward traffic to a parked page.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry Mike, you have it all wrong. If you register Facebook typo domains, you're squatting. If you register Verizon typo domains you're squatting. We're not even talking about a typo in this case, it's the exact tm.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let's say it were a generic, e.g. Banana.co
You could argue that even if there are dozens of "banana" trademarks, the use of the generic term is permitted in everyday conversation.
But a made up word such as "scribd" that is stylized in a way to describe a product or a service can't be faked for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom