Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sdf.com - 3 Letter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Schoon

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hahaha that is the old gfx god noobcake.. he sold me fake ads wor nowtutorials.com

IP ban?

feel free to spam or whatever you like, gimme a call if you want to pay him a visit with some nice baseball bats :lol:

interesting..
http://www.dnforum.com/f417/admins-has-user-rld07-account-been-stolen-thread-266387.html

I deleted the personal information, also posting hateful comments regarding baseball bats is not appreciated.

http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php#2
2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam, and then you may post in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues forums. Your post will be deleted if you cannot back up your claim. Please also refer to Rule #27.

If you wish to get to the bottom of whats been happening with Lewis' account, post with tact. Please review all the rules from here forward.

I realize he sold you ads and did not keep them up as long as you thought they would, but thats something that should be discussed with tact. Perhaps he restored his site with a backup after his identity was stolen and his website was defaced.

It is an unfortunate chain of events but perhaps Lewis is the victim.
Let's please not all go and riot now and forget the guidelines we must abide by. Regards

dobski08

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It was the old back up- re uploaded .zip backup - advertisement of PEJ.com is back online

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right, let me start by saying I have in the past been hammered by people promising one thing and then not delivering, I have also been accussed of things that I had never done. But for those of you that know me, and there are a few on here, this seems to have gone way to far against this member.

Yes, it is without question that an attempt was made to defraud members here, I do not for one second doubt that. Quite rightly Mods and Admin jumped onto it as soon as it was reported. Now it has been investigated and it seems that the member was severly hacked and that someone used their ability to get into the system and try the fraud. This does not make the member guilty at all of attempted fraud!

The custom is in the UK as it is in the US, Canada, Australia, etc., that a person is innocent until proven guilty. Now in business of course as soon as alarm bells sound we take a step back and scrutinise our associates afresh, and rightly so. But a witch hunt is not what is needed, indeed it will simply make things worse.

Now the matter has been investigated, and apart from breaking the golden rule of 'not using the same password for multiple accounts' it would seem that Dobski (Lewis) is an injured innocent party in all of this.

Lewis must know that his reputation is now worse than that of a skunks at a picnic, I do not think he is a fool, and he will realise that the old adage about a good reputation is the hardest thing to acquire and the easiest lost. He may have lost his through no fault of his own, and now he faces a mountain to climb to get it back. But one thing is for sure with constant postings calling him out this will never be achieved, but I am sure the mods and Admins will look after that side.

I state clearly now that I will be putting some small jobs Lewis's way. Might I suggest that those who had/have deals with him continue to honour them, but under a strict time scale. This will give Lewis a chance to 'prove' himself and start on the extremely long haul that he now faces.

All I can do is hope that I am making the right move, and I am sure there will be some criticism of my post, but then again I would rather be proved wrong defending a guilty man than found wanting for not defending an innocent man.

This matter has been investigated and now we all have to ask do we move forward or let the vitriol spit forth?

If you have concerns about this matter please post them to the mods/admins who I am sure will keep a close eye on this matter.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the OP's post looked and sounded very childish. Maybe a young relative in the house or with close ties? Friend of one of his own kids?
Read the OP again. Just my 2cents.

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez what a thread .. and a mess -

Jarred / dobski08 - Shall I assume the "nowtutorials" account at NP is the "Hacker" ? It's closed for the time being anyway now ....

Don't you just love Riddles Wrapped in an Enigma ? ;)

dobski08

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What the hell, no you sausage, why does everyone get things wrong, nowtutorials account is mine on namepros. unblock it plz. no actually dont, it sucks compared to here

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the hell, no you sausage, why does everyone get things wrong, nowtutorials account is mine on namepros. unblock it plz. no actually dont, it sucks compared to here

:?:

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well .... this "Sausage" Says ...... take your smart *** elsewhere. I closed the account for safety - But it will remain that way now. Who needs your type.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All4cost, for a start understand what is meant by the term 'sausage'!

Here 'sausage' is like a colloquial non-insulting derogatory term used in jest!

Have you ever seen the British 'Fools and Horses'? It is used in the way that the word 'plonker' is used in that series.

DevilDog bring any suspicions, views, ideas, or indeed any proof to the attention of MediaHound please. Just to go on and on with little digs is pointless and indeed is beneath you. We have a set method for informing those responsible on this forum so please use it.

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah well , When I'm trying to protect HIM and possible buyers from crooks .... I'm not into "JEST"

So be it.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so... 3 accounts simultaneously in total then... remind me when this was allowed?

Edit:-

Bilbo, I don't know why you questioned my post via pm, you should marry this guy or something...

Here's the public evidence of three accounts here seeing as you obviously didn't read the whole thread before whining at me in this scammers's defense via pm
USER 1
Banned: graphicsgod Join Date: May 2005
USER 2
dobski08 Join Date: Jan 2008 (note pre the graphics god fraudulent sale)

and if you read this thread:-
http://www.dnforum.com/f417/admins-has-user-rld07-account-been-stolen-thread-266387.html

particularly this post:-

http://www.dnforum.com/post18-post-1327788.html
you would see USER 3
Banned: rld07
Account Terminated

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but all I pointed out was 3 accounts simultaneously...

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ginge,

I replied privately by PM to you as I am of the opinion you are wrong and therefore the correct way to address the problem was privately! Please note though that you decided to make the discussion public.

The Dobski account was set up by Admin when they were aware that the Graphics God account had been hacked. The Graphics God account was then banned. This means one account in existance and usable by the member to my knowledge. This other account 'rld07' I do not know about, but I do know that the correct thing to do is to report it to Admin so they can act. Obviously though if this account has been terminated then Admin knew about this account, how else could it have been terminated?

A little common sense is required when second guessing the private workings between Admin and a member as much of it is private. In this I accept that Admin know what they are doing, obviously you had either not thought about this or think you know better than Admin in this matter even though you do not have all the facts.

You say you are for the innocent until proven guilty, but the member has been found 'not guilty' by Admin and yet you make your post.

I asked you to edit your post so as not to mislead others reading this thread, and here again I reiterate the request.

As for me 'marrying' him at least it shows you still have a good sense of humour! :yes:

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Dobski account was set up by Admin when they were aware that the Graphics God account had been hacked.

not true. Read again.

I don't feel I know better than admins at all, and I also know I'm not one, which is more than I can say for some...

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lewis had the graphicsgod account first. He forgot the password and the email address on file for it he no longer had.
His requests for support back then went unanswered, so he created the rld07 account. He used that till it got cracked, and banned.
He then created the dobsky08 account to speak with me in the chatroom.
I then gave him back control of his graphicsgod account, which then shortly later got compromised as well, so now he is using the dobski08 account.

It is a crazy chain of events to follow along with and if one is not privy to the details, it can seem very murky. It's an unfortunate string of bad luck but moving forward, Lewis is taking better precautions.
The reason for the multiple accounts should now be clear to everyone and I hope this clears up the confusion as to how and why this happened, and also why it was tolerated.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators