Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Contracts ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

laskos

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I have recently agreed a price on a domain on sedo, but the buyer has requested a contact to be signed ? Can anyone tell me why would someone want this ? and also has anyone done this before, and is it all above board.

I can understand if it was a £10,000 sale but for £800 ??? seems a bit silly to me.

Hope someone can put my mind at rest.

Thanks

Laskos

dotti

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One reason someone might want this is if it is a company buying the domain. They are more likely to want something on paper. I wouldn't be too worried about it, especially if the money has already been paid to sedo.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, espcially if a company wants to write it off for tax reasons as an investmant...etc...

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Laskos.

It used to be the case that ALL transfers at Sedo had the written contract as mandatory. This changed around December last year / January of this year with the introduction of the new bidding systems and the online contract. In some cases, for example some Asian customers, a written contract is necessary for them to be able to send an international wire transfer - this is true of India as I have had several different clients cite this as a reason for needing the contract.

Justin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom