Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SEDO Domain parking with Enom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsr81

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a few domains on SEDO from enom, using URL Forwarding.

Code:
Current host settings: 

Host Name         Record Type       Address 
www                  CNAME               @ 
@ (none)            FRAME               [url]http://www.sedo.com/parking/domain.com[/url]

I'm not sure if I should use "URL Frame" or "URL Redirect". Or is there no difference whichever one is used?

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
URL Framing will make the domain name appear in the address bar- url forwarding just sends the domain to a redirected page and the page will appear in the address bar. I would use url frame - take out the http and run it as www.sedo.com/parking/domain.com Pull down 1 and 2 to to url frame and then put the address in both boxes to the right of each - hit save and wait - should pop to the forwarded page with 12 hours. Best of luck - Steve

RegDN.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is not my post but got a question, so it seems use URL framing is better just using their name server DN1.SEDOPARKING.com??

nsr81

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I think it's better because I can still setup email forwarders and stuff on Enom, if needed. I'm not sure if using the nameservers would allow that.

RegDN.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how aboue for search engine?? is it better to use url framing??

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how aboue for search engine?? is it better to use url framing??
With url framing the domain name appears in the address bar in all browsers. Thus for search engines, when and if they spider the site they will pick up the address of the page and that will help them position the site. On an url redirect - the address of which you are redirecting to comes up in the address bar and the redirected domain is thus useless for any search engines, except to bring traffic to the site. Hope that explains - Steve

RegDN.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
steve, thanks for the greate information , i better go ahead and change all my parked domain to url framing now, hehe

hmm, well, just found out i don't have to do that if i use sedo's DNS, example : http://atomicat.net/ it still shows my sites address in the address bar instead of sedo.com or anything...so i bet the best is if you don't use email forwarding , the best still will be using their DNS coz i think that should be faster

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
steve, thanks for the greate information , i better go ahead and change all my parked domain to url framing now, hehe

Well I hope it helps - Years ago you could only do redirects and the url framing thing is fairly new within the past year. Hard to tell if the search engines will spider the parking page, but if they do it will help populate the url much better than a redirect would ever do. Good Luck - Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators