Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least some services have gotten smarter and included the lowball in the message email, up to recently Sedo made you go and log on just to look for the offer page and find.....well, the minimum possible with them, $60... now they say what the bid is in the email (but I wish they also included any PMs for straight Sedo deals, they don't and neither does GD for that matter) Sometimes someone will offer you $10 on YoDaddy but will include a text with a hint or email address, but you have to look for that "surprise".... and you have to do it for every offer that arrives (if you get 10 offers for one domain you gotta click on the link for each single one looking for buyer notes), the comments are not displayed at 1st sight of their Selling section...

For some strange reason I've had names listed somewhere and got no bids or got real low ones, but then if I decide to give Sedo priority, (the domains cannot be already listed on the platform the offer will be sent from, ie GD, Afternic) then I often get some bids for domains that had gotten none (tho usually it's the infamous $60), or the offers I get in my Sedo acct are higher than before even if it's just a little, or you get a higher number of offers altogether as long as Sedo is the primary listing marketplace (you gave the listings to Sedo FIRST) .... so although I don't close on Sedo often because of the minimum commission or cuz they don't let me send the thing to auction (and that does matter), more offers or slightly better ones are a plus...

Also, Sedo loves a BIN so if you know what you want and you're willing to take the risk associated with BINs (underselling yourself OR scaring buyers away, it's risky at both ends) they will advertise your domain more and prioritize them, they call it MLS Premium and it's for all, not just SedoPro folks....and I agree Afternic gets you good prices, and with SnapNames getting worse press by the hour and Go Daddy working so hard at being the lowballer extraordinaire of markeplaces, they are a viable alternative to Sedo for many

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators