Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sedo Founder Tim Schumacher Named New CEO of U.S. Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My apologies for the double post. I had difficulties editing the first. Anyway, for those who missed it we just made an announcement about our executive team and I wanted it share it with you all on DNF:

Sedo is pleased to announce that Tim Schumacher, founder and CEO of Sedo’s German parent company Sedo GmbH, will be taking over the role of CEO in Sedo’s US division Sedo.com LLC as well. Effective immediately, Schumacher will be relocating to Sedo’s US office in Cambridge, Massachusetts to focus on bolstering sales activities in the highly-competitive North American market.

“The US market has become a cornerstone for Sedo’s future growth,” said Schumacher. “I felt the time was right for me to move closer to this key market and lead our booming US division through the next phase of expansion.”

Since it’s founding in 2004, Sedo’s US subsidiary has been the company’s fastest growing division. Under the leadership of outgoing CEO Matt Bentley and President Ulrich Essmann (who will continue to manage the US office together with Tim), Sedo transformed itself from a primary European player into one of the best-know brands in the domain secondary market, with a global market share of nearly 70%.

“Matt’s tenure as CEO of Sedo.com, LLC was extremely successful”, said Schumacher. “It’s hard to believe that just two years ago the Sedo.com brand name didn’t even exist. Today, thanks to the great work of Matt and his talented team here in Cambridge, the Sedo.com name has become synonymous with leadership in the domain sales and domain parking spaces.”

In acknowledgment of his good work, Bentley has been offered a position as Chief Strategy Officer with parent company Sedo GmbH in Cologne, Germany, beginning March 1. In this newly-created role, he will be responsible for mapping out market and product strategy for the entire Sedo organization.

“We’ve put together an extremely talented team here in the US, and I fully expect the growth and success of Sedo’s US operations to continue under Tim’s leadership,” said Bentley. “At the same time, I’m excited about applying some of what we’ve learned in the US market to improve global product development and strategy for the entire organization. “

Jay
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators