Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo .mobi Auction: Legal Suit Pending - ALL Original Winners - Join Us Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Already happened in the boot.net auction.

This stuff has got to stop....We all need certainty in any online auction, imo...

This case will get legal clarity into all this.

We are well researched on this Sedo mess, folks...So, if anyone is interested in getting their names back from that 1st auction, please contact me - join us.

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just to clarify, DTalk. I didn't say Sedo is to blame for the boot.net fiasco; if you read the quoted post carefully, jaydub says that someone might claim there was a technical issue with their domain auction and use that as an excuse not to transfer a domain. That's exactly what happened with boot.net; Sedo's boot.net auction was perfectly fine and without any technical problems.

PinnacleDomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
real quick from a mobile commerce consultant. .mobi is worthless.

Every major internet brand I've worked with plans on marketing the .com with .wap prefix.

wap.bestbuy.com

No .mobi in the plnas folks...other than brand protection plays.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Every major internet brand I've worked with plans on marketing the .com with .wap prefix.

wap.bestbuy.com

pure poetry. Genius.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

i guess i will be returning the groceries i bought...

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

wap.bestbuy.com

A consultant. Say no more....

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, DTalk. I didn't say Sedo is to blame for the boot.net fiasco; if you read the quoted post carefully, jaydub says that someone might claim there was a technical issue with their domain auction and use that as an excuse not to transfer a domain. That's exactly what happened with boot.net; Sedo's boot.net auction was perfectly fine and without any technical problems.

Understood, Acroplex....Apologies...I worded my response poorly...

jaydub's 'maybe' point is a good one....What happened at the .mobi auction fiasco, was that something did go wrong during the auction - but they didn't stop the process - they went on to close the auction, and confirm the contract.

Sedo/mTLD are using that excuse to void perfectly valid binding contracts, imo......perhaps, 'cos they didn't like the prices, at that point.

I/we say, we need a court to rule on whether its okay - or not - to just walk away from a binding contract 'cos something happens to go wrong with the process, and you confirm the deal....I say, if something goes wrong - don't sign the contract....If you do, you're bound by it...

Top legal advice agrees with me/us.

...Anymore of you out there that wants their name back? Contact me, please...

real quick from a mobile commerce consultant....

Okay, we have your POV on .mobi....Thanks...

Now, let's get back to exploring if there are folks that do value .mobi Premium names - and want to join us in getting theirs back, please...

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will be any lawsuit. It would be funny though. By the time a lawsuit would be settled the value of the .mobis they are fighting for will be worth a lot less. Silly people.

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I thought would happen. It will be interesting to see if Sedo goes through with their January auction still.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will be any lawsuit.
If anytime someone threaten lawsuit on DNF I get $1 I am millionaire now :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Amazing how many people on this thread have something at stake here.

All these people bid and won or bid and lost?

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt there will be any lawsuit.

That's what mTLD are, no doubt, banking on....If so, they would be wrong...

Like you, they seem to underestimate this particular group of domainers....Very determined, very deep pockets.

We will be satisfied on this - one way, or another. Trust me.

Any .mobi auction winners - Join us, if you want the chance for your name(s) back.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A barking dog
never bites
Lalalalalalala

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only 'barking' about it because folks like you make statements about my group's intentions in this matter - when you know nothing about us - or what we will do...

What's the point, denny....?...You don't like it...Fine....Go and do something positive in your life - instead of just being a negative drongo in this thread...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you know nothing about us
Majestic plural, nice...
Go and do something positive in your life - instead of just being a negative drongo
Hmm - to sue someone you call POSITIVE ? Interesting...

And yes, there will be NO lawsuit, thats my point and thats why it is so funny. Always. You are not first to be "organizing" a group lawsuit here.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For added information, this is not the sole place that the lawsuit is being proposed.

It is just an additional forum in the event that there are members on DNF that bid and won or for that matter bid and lost due to proxy bids not being placed.

It is beginning to look more and more like there will be no third auction conducted by sedo. If an amicable solution is not arrived at within a reasonable time frame, I have little doubt that a court injunction to halt this will occur.

Whether you like mobi or not, there were people bidding that had specific purpose(s) for some of these domains with business plans in place. Some were buying merely as an investment.

If this had been .com or other primary and ccTLD's, I am sure the outrage would be widespread. This happens to be .mobi. It is that simple.

The complexities to this auction and how it was conducted and names awarded are deep. While sedo's crash affected those in the states and some european countries, it was not down in Australia and other parts of the globe.

As typical of many of the mobi threads on this forum, this information is posted for the benefit of those that may have use for this information.

If you have no use for .mobi or this information, then I see no point to comment. Yet I understand how many feel compelled to add their two cents to each and every mobi thread.

So, what the ****, eh? I have no use for much of the bullshit information and comments that many are posting in this thread or the smartass remarks made so I figure I can comment on those opinions. I mean, afterall this is a forum and everyone is free to post what ever and when ever and where ever they want to post comments, right?

And opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.

That's my nickle, keep the change.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this had been .com or other primary and ccTLD's, I am sure the outrage would be widespread.
This happened i.e. in November 2005 with Pool - huge drop day, Pool collapsed 10 minutes before auciton end. I had proxybids, I won a lot, cheap. I was happy. Pool run the auction next day again. I was not so happy, I was bitching. But I understood their decision, EVERYONE would do the same. It is similar like normal auction would be i.e. evacuated for some reason - would the last bidder also be entitled to win ? I doubt that...

BTW if the 1% probability will happen and lawsuit will be filled, we have a candidate to be listed here:
http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/stupid_lawsuit_month_all.asp

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened i.e. in November 2005 with Pool - huge drop day, Pool collapsed 10 minutes before auciton end. I had proxybids, I won a lot, cheap. I was happy. Pool run the auction next day again.
I understand your point.

But winning notices went out. Winners were notified. The crash was not system wide. Folks in Australia were notified at 4:15am that they were winners or losers. End of auction, go to bed.

Here in the states, it was a full 20 minutes (at least) before sedo notified of the auction extending. Prior to this losing and winning notices were sent out.

Forget auction one. Move to auction two. New notices of winning and being outbid. Three hours later. Folks that had won were now losers.

Days go by, payment is made to sedo, domain already transferred. Sedo sends out notice saying all money will be refunded, all domains returned, all names to be auctioned over.

I hardly think the way this has been handled can just be brushed off as being "just the way shit happens" in an auction that DID NOT have the same results and impacted by a crash worldwide. If anything, this should be cause for all who run sales, auctions, and commerce to be keenly aware of the impact a system failure can have.

I hardly think nearly 2.3 million dollars is a trivial amount to just brush aside.

Dot mobi, dot com, 1956 Chevy Convertible, date with Denny007, Brittney Spears hair...anything being auctioned off that was handled in this manner for this kind of money is serious to some, perhaps many. And not too serious to those that were not involved.

What is the right solution? Compromise? Injunction? Lawsuit?

I don't know and now I am getting to the point that I do not care. I have since purchased additional domains, a mix of .mobi and .com, with the funds I had allocated to this auction. Running it again will not entice me in the least now seeing that I believe Sedo has acted irresponsible in this manner.

I am now more concerned with getting the domains I purchased transferred to me in a timely manner and collecting funds owed on sales.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc Com....appreciate the explanation/reminder of background to this.

Personally, I wasn't going to bother with long explanations here for the negative people....And, I'm not interested in arguing here about the merits - or otherwise - of .mobi.....Those that feel hard done by in the Sedo auctions are all I'm interested to hear from in this thread...

The sole purpose of this thread is simply to offer an opportunity to any members of DNForum that may have had the same problem as we (yes, denny - 'we') had - and to advise them that - if they wanted to participate in a legal action - then there are a group of people that are going to do just that.....We are offering the opportunity for them to join us (yes, 'us', denny)...

I don't care if denny007 thinks we'll initiate a lawsuit, or not....denny007's opinion is entirely irrelevant...denny007 is blowing smoke up his ass about this...

As for anyone else, if you had domains taken away from you at the 1st Sedo auction...a group of us ('we) are going to ask a court to rule on who owns the domains....And, our strong legal advice is that the 1st auction winners are the rightful owners...

If you care to join us...then contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators