Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker SEDO - Moniker - My GOD DO SOMETHING!!!!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you buy a domain at SEDO and your want to transfer your domain at Moniker then be prepared to a big headache and 3 to 6 weeks of waitting.

a) First as I commented in a previous thread, Moniker handle half of the email enquiries and for the other half it use to takes 3 to 7 days.
So the first challenge is that Moniker init the transfer.

b) Second, Moniker only will start the transfer if the owner of the domain, in this case SEDO, click a link Moniker have sent them into an email.

After weeks of waitting, you do not know if Moniker acted, if SEDO received the email, if SEDO acted, ... You are here waitting and waitting...

Why not 2 of the major domaining companies simply do not find a more efficient way to communicate to handle these transfers?

Today I have 4 or 5 domains where I have no idea if the transfer started, not started, if Moniker inititiated the transfer, if SEDO received the Moniker email, ...

Whaoo what a nightmare!!!!

Domain Summit 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious Francois, Do you contact Moniker with these issues before posting them to this Forum?

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not just take possession of the names first then transfer them yourself?
Much easier.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RaiderGirl,

If you contact SEDO or Moniker about this the thing that will happen it's simply: NOTHING!

This is why I use forums.
To force them to act and improve their service.

VirtualT,

I am not sure what you mean by:
"Take possesion of the names"

When I buy a domain at SEDO I am not asking anything specific.
SEDO ask you what is your registrar, I say Moniker.
That's all, after the process is the one I comment.

By the way I am wondering why SEDO ask what is your registrar when after they do not use this info for anything!

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another moniker thread by cybertronic....I should ask why dont to address this in the same thread :?:

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because Moniker cannot resolve the problem alone.
That's a problem that can only be resolved if Moniker and SEDO, both hand in the hand decide to do something and improve the way they handle transfer after a sale.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem....
the worst part is that you dont know what is going and who to ask for this

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is why I complaint.

Today I am almost LOST!

alexsimon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker (while a very good and reliable company) has some problems with its customer service. It took them 6 days to answer me an email I've sent them.
Very very slow. I can feel your pain Francois.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is in no way connected to your new services of domain purchasing is it?

If not then why isn't this in the "moniker" or "sedo" area instead of the gold forums?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...want to transfer your domain at Moniker then be prepared to a big headache...

Moniker has the oddest transfer system involving domains you buy from a 3rd party I have ever seen. I have spoken or emailed Moniker several times since I first did a transfer a long time ago about this but it seems they simply do not comprehend the issue so nothing has ever been done about it.

The reason it is so weird is when you start a transfer they send email to the sellers admin email address with a link asking them to click the link to approve the transfer which requires them to also login to their Moniker acct (they seem to strangely assume is also the same acct the name is being transferred to).

They also appear to assume the seller already has a Moniker acct (often not so) but that does not matter anyway since (as far as I can tell after lots of experience with this odd system) the seller really must login to the buyers acct for the email link to work!

Next, the seller is asked for the acct login information where they need to enter the buyers usrname and paswrd, which of course is impossible unless you feel like giving your buyer your acct paswrd before-hand, not too likely!

The whole process is fatally flawed and quite absurd. It's been like that for ages and it's even more incredible that nothing is done about it.

The only way to deal with it is to ask the seller to forward the email to you so you the buyer can then click the link, etc., but that is best done before the transfer process starts and he gets the Moniker email. Often the seller is quite confused and seems reluctant to forward the email or is very slow at doing it.

As an example, I recently got a name from one of the established DNF Moderators but he had no idea what to do with the transfer email since he did not have an acct at Moniker. He also was slow at forwarding the email to me and I needed to ask him by PM a few times to do so before I finally got it. If he was confused (a domainer Mod) can you imagine how odd this process seems to someone less experienced?

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL ... That's what I do:
Ask the buyer to forward me the Moniker email.

But sometimes there is an idiot with a Moniker account himself that click the link before and then we enter in a worst scenario...

Email communication is not easy, and if my memory does not fail these links to click have an expiration date:
If the seller is not fast to forward you the email then you need to re-start the process completely and ask again Moniker to reinit the process.
Because SEDO is not also known to be very fast on respond then it's often a true panic!!!

Moniker is known as the For Knox for domains.
I guess he got his reputation thanks to these heavy domain transfer procedures.

I mainly complaint about their transfer method in these cases:

- When the domain has been purchased at SEDO (see above why).
- When I transfer from some registrars like GoDaddy (for a reason I ignore the domain owner email returned to Moniker is allways the GoDaddy email).
- When you want to transfer some extensions, like the dot mobi for example.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

With regards to the transfer process. We are dependent on the processes and methods of the current registrar and the gaining one. As I'm sure you are all aware, these vary greatly with the different registrars involved and therefore you cannot generalize as chances are every transfer will vary.

For example you maybe transferring several domains to Moniker, but because they are at a number of different registrars we have to proceed differently in each case.

I am always open for you to PM me with a request about a particular domain transfer.

Francois - if you want me to look into any transfers for you send me a PM.

Cheers!

Tom

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Never had a problem with transfers; both Sedo and I use eNom. Pushes are instant and are quickly acknowledged by the receiving party.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with transfers; both Sedo and I use eNom. Pushes are instant and are quickly acknowledged by the receiving party.

The problem involves Moniker transfers-in more than others because of the nonsensical system they use.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like Moniker for a lot of reasons but I have to admit that Moniker is a true pain for domain transfer.
And the fact lately they do not react quickly with emails does not help.

SEDO you can probably help with this problem of transfers, I explain:

The BEST domain marketplace for transfer is BuyDomains.com.
Even if I an not very friend with NameMedia leading staff lately I have to admit what is true.
The reason why they are the best is mainly because they prepare the domain sold for transfer.
What I mean is that the domain have the buyer whois info, including email.
This way when you do a Moniker transfer the one that get the email is you and not the domain marketplace like it's the case with SEDO.

Why don't you do this SEDO?
The whois info I am seeing in most of the domain purchased is the SEDO whois and not the seller whois.
This logically means you operated a first transfer before ask the seller to transfer the domain.
You will accelerate the transfer time an will make it easier having the domain directly transfered from the seller to the buyer without adding an aditionnal step like you are doing.
Plus I will say this additional step seems to be absurd!

Please explain.

Thanks,

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
RaiderGirl,

If you contact SEDO or Moniker about this the thing that will happen it's simply: NOTHING! This is why I use forums. To force them to act and improve their service.

What I dont understand is your position against Monikers proposed ticket system, I think we can agree that the Email thing is not working. What do you think would happen if we posted time stamps of those tickets? as it stands now its just he said she said....

I will tell you that whenever I wrote Monte, Don or Michael, I get a reply no later than 3 days...

But on the flip side, I dont understand this, Monte wrote this in your other thread;

implemented a new phone system, new support ticket system, improved site load times and more

I see not ticket system and it took almost 2 minutes for the home page to load :?:

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not exactly sure about BuyDomains so I may be wrong. But from what I gather they either own the domain or one of their affiliates does, which obviously means the processes will be different. With reference to Sedo we are the broker and do not own the domain so it can be more complicated depending on which registrar the seller/owner has the domain at.

When possible we will have the domain transferred to one of escrow accounts first and then transfer the buyer. This is the most secure way to transfer a domain for both the seller and buyer and that is why we do this.

Francois - if you let me know the particular domain, I will see what i can do to get it to you as quickly as possible - feel free to send me a PM

Best regards,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom