Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo needs to be shut down !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When it comes to Sedo, most of us are simply asking them to communicate...preferably thru the channels of communication that they themselves agreed to use when we created accounts :)
...not to mention what seems to be a work shutdown from Thursday thru Monday.

The worst time to add names or try to get an answer from anyone.

Domain Summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed... Threads like this are more time-consuming than just picking up the phone.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed... Threads like this are more time-consuming than just picking up the phone.

Um no.. Ill explain my dislike of the phone.

In the past companies have called, the conversation essentially goes as follows:

Company: 'Hello we are Company X, This is our point !'
Me: 'Right, Ok. That however is not...*interuption*
Company: 'We dont actually care what your point is, we were just phoning do it looked like we care'

A few back and forths later... no progress.

By email, and public discussion everyone gets their say: there own time, and place as such
Simple

Furthermore if 'Martin' of SEDO had gotten through to me on the phone, and said what he said in his email, I would have probably metaphorically ripped his bollocks off, and thrown them to the wolves...

GUA

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I am not sure why I have had success with Sedo on the phone. I might have been persistent and descriptive of my request but I didn't tell them "You suck!" like you do now, Thomas with that sig image. My point: you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Edit: I see now that you have removed the offensive image. Smart move ;)

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why I have had success with Sedo on the phone. I might have been persistent and descriptive of my request but I didn't tell them "You suck!" like you do now, Thomas with that sig image. My point: you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Edit: I see now that you have removed the offensive image. Smart move ;)

i removed his signature, after giving him the chance to remove it himself.

if he continues to display such offensive images or remarks against members or the forum in his signature, then he will suffer the consequences.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just about every domainer here who has a Sedo account, knows how horrible Email support is, but they continue to use it anyway.... If Email is not working for you, then try phone support as Acro and others suggested, Just think of all the time and aggravation you would be saving.

USA/ Canada:
617-499-7200

Europe/ Intl:
(+49) 221-34030-230

Lisa,

How much attention does SedoUSA pay the forums?

Who are the decision makers?

Why is there such a load of contradictory explanations?

Your questions are redundant and it would be a waste of Lisa's time to answer them..... She's here to help you and others with domain related issues, anything other than that is counter productive.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to understand why the phone support is OK and the email is not. Both support types are provided by the same company.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's your negative attitude that makes it hard to solve issues with you. Why don't you do yourself a favor and act more like a professional?

From a business point of view you should be smart and focus on result, and the easiest way to get there is to make your business partners cooperate. People tend to be more cooperative and willing to correct their mistakes if you stay calm, polite and professional.They tend to be less cooperative if you expose a hostile attitude, especially when you do so in public like on this forum.

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are people still replying to GUA? He keeps on repeating that he is afraid of calling people on the phone so lets rap it up here people.

And GUA you need counseling m8.

Here's a Telephone psychiatric counsel:
http://www.telephonecounselor.org/

The best way for you to get rid of your fear of phoning people is by telephone counseling.

Take care,
ARMG

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that I have a negative attitude, but perhaps rather than blame me, these people and their companies should sort out the problems.

SEDO is crap, and the dnforum mods are awful. JMHO

I make note that MY threads are the most active on dnforum at this moment in time. Yes maybe for the wrong reason, but I instigate discussion none the less.

I take note of peoples opinion/suggestions and will retain my dnforum membership solely for the purposes of buying and selling domains.

All my opinions will be posted on my blog. You can visit that if you want to debate with me further.

At the end of the day I bring to light problems, and nothing gets done. The growth of the industry will be inhibitted by this.

--END OF--

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that I have a negative attitude, but perhaps rather than blame me, these people and their companies should sort out the problems.

SEDO is crap, and the dnforum mods are awful. JMHO

I make note that MY threads are the most active on dnforum at this moment in time. Yes maybe for the wrong reason, but I instigate discussion none the less.

I take note of peoples opinion/suggestions and will retain my dnforum membership solely for the purposes of buying and selling domains.

All my opinions will be posted on my blog. You can visit that if you want to debate with me further.

At the end of the day I bring to light problems, and nothing gets done. The growth of the industry will be inhibitted by this.

--END OF--

You need to act and behave more professional. First you want to shut Sedo down then you said you keep violate the rules on DNF because the rules are wrong. Now you are trying to insult Staff members with your comments!

I think enough is enough with all the craps that you have here.

Thanks,

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day I bring to light problems, and nothing gets done.

Your message gets obfuscated by the negative crap surrounding it. No wonder that nothing gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom