Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SEDO NewsLetter - Take a Stand in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The subtitle of this thread is Take a Stand in 2007.

I would like to see Sedo Take a Stand in 2007 to improve customer service, respond to emails, improve customer service, quit taking more than 30 days to pay for sales in some cases, improve customer service, quite taking more than 30 days to transfer domain names in some cases, improve customer service, decrease the number of holidays taken, improve customer service, extend the work week to greater than 4 work days, improve customer service, come to the realization that the internet is a 24 hours/7 days a week market, improve customer service, quit dicking around with keywords when they are optimized, improve customer service, consider using relevant feeds on the landing pages other than just google as google in many cases just is not cutting it, improve customer service, hire some people who actually are in tune with the domain name industry and can function independantly, improve customer service, give a "fair" share and more consistent PPC rate, improve customer service, and quit letting everyone take the same days off at the same damn time so I quit getting "out of the office" auto responders.

Most of all, improve customer service

Domain summit 2024

internetdominator

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
Oh do please give us a lesson in that. Your system is set-up to allow these scammers to roam free.

SEDO appears behind the 8-ball with IDN's, but I am sure it is all part of a very clever strategy :approve:

Present IDN's ìn such an ìnept way as to stunt the market as much as possìble for as long as possìble (ì.e. mìsrepresent IDN's by sellìng PHìSHìNG URL's on theìr sìte - eventually penny drops these names are worth NOTHìNG, ìnvestors get burnt, gìve bad press to IDN's). Thìs wìll allow the sharks who wìll be busy playìng catch up eat up all the lìttle IDN fìsh portfolìo's.

C'mon SEDO - how about fìxìng thìs fìrst - show some ìntegrìty!

Do not label a phìshìng URL an IDN -PLEASE!

Thìs ìssue wìll not go away!

Giantpanda

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEDO appears behind the 8-ball with IDN's, but I am sure it is all part of a very clever strategy :approve:

Present IDN's ìn such an ìnept way as to stunt the market as much as possìble for as long as possìble (ì.e. mìsrepresent IDN's by sellìng PHìSHìNG URL's on theìr sìte - eventually penny drops these names are worth NOTHìNG, ìnvestors get burnt, gìve bad press to IDN's). Thìs wìll allow the sharks who wìll be busy playìng catch up eat up all the lìttle IDN fìsh portfolìo's.

C'mon SEDO - how about fìxìng thìs fìrst - show some ìntegrìty!

Do not label a phìshìng URL an IDN -PLEASE!

Thìs ìssue wìll not go away!

It's a shame that Sedo still has to rely on commisions from deceitful sales to survive.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see that they put a 'sticker' next to the IDN names, which is a good thing

First off, SEDO should not allow sales of mixed script domains they are pure and simple worthless.
Even EBAY has pretty much curtailed mixed script domain sales.

And if SEDO does choose to continue to allow them to be sold, at least they should have 2 stickers,
one called MIXED SCRIPT DOMAIN, and another sticker called IDN for the real thing.

SEDO- adding the idn sticker was a start, but still hope you are listening to make the system better!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SEDO- adding the idn sticker was a start, but still hope you are listening to make the system better!
Notice how the bids and the bucks on these are down significantly.

This should help curtail the registering of such nonsense let alone trying to push them onto some unsuspecting investor.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Notice how the bids and the bucks on these are down significantly.

This should help curtail the registering of such nonsense let alone trying to push them onto some unsuspecting investor.

Yeah, but it wont stop it. These people are registering these at 7 bucks then flipping them fast for $70. Nice little profit that they are getting. Oh I guess sedo gets $50 so nice little profit they are getting.

chÃ*p.com is at $70 and it's only got 4hours you better hurry. Link

oìl.com is at $100 bucks with only a day to go get your bids in on this POS name. Link

datÃ*ng.com has got some time but it's at $70. So go go go Link

pìn.com who could resist this one. Makes so much sense. Link

pÃ*cture.com This will make a nice spoofing domain. I have to give sedo props for allowing this one to continue. Link

láw.com I would hope most lawyers wouldn't fall for this one but who knows. Worth a shot? Link

traffìc.com Another really good spoofer. Can barely see the accent because of the "f" Nice! Link

pìmp.com Who doesn't want to be one of these? Link

servÃ*ce.com A lot of time left. Get the bids in.Link

shóp.com $400 hundred euro. Nice little commision to be made for only 987 google results. Link

busîness.com Another $400 hundred euro. BAM and with only 50 google results. Moving up. Link

quÃ*z.com Maybe sedo needs to take one on ethics. Link

Out of all of these I found one legitamite IDN for auction on Sedo.

streichhölzer.com 1,750 EUR A word that actually means something in another language. It's "matches" in german BTW. Link

Don't look you wont find any Asian names on Sedo's auction their system can't support them yet. What century are we living in Sedo?

Meanwhile legitamite IDN are taking heat for your actions SEDO. This is damaging the investments of thousands of people. Are you prepared to defend that?

And according to your latest newsletter:
Domain Scams and How to Avoid Them

Please again give us a lesson in that. You are doing such a great job.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could not agree with you more and argued this point repeatedly.

Legitimate domainers and IDN domains were going to take a major hit thanks to this fiasco.

Surely many of those bidding were new along with new money that we would love to have in the domain market. These obviously were new customers that each of us would like to pay us a visit.

Sedo did some major damage here in such a short span of time. There own greed was their motivation once they saw the success of one of these sales. And I am convinced that there were connections on the inside of Sedo to keep perpetuating these fabricated names.

You are correct. Even the ones on sedo are not true IDN domains as they are "creations" to appear that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators