Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo Parking Keywords messing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the keyword in optimize and the results I when i visit the acctual parked page. For example, I have a website so in SEDO I insert a keyword, I use the SEDO CHECK and it shows a bunch of good results for the keyword which are targeted perfectly. Then I wait till the keyword gets accepted, I check my parked website at its URL and it doesnt have those keywords as shown in SEDO Optimazation. So i go back and see maybe those keywords were removed and CHECK again and they are there.

What is the problem, this is quite serious as the keywords shown on URL are pretty USELESS and I could be getting 60%+ ratio while I get only like 10% :-#:

Tyler_Durden

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i work at Sedo and currently only one solution comes to my mind.
Our parking system uses a feature called "geo-targeting", this means that our system checks the origin of the visitor and alters the parking page according to the language spoken in this country.

So, if someone from the USA, Canada or UK visits a parked domain, they see english ads. If someone from Germany would visit this page, it would show german ads.

Since you said you don't see the keyword you entered (although it is shown in your optimizer), it could be that the keyword you have entered is not used in the country you live in.

Another hint would be to clean your browsers cache....

Cheers,

Daniel K

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Hi,

i work at Sedo and currently only one solution comes to my mind.
Our parking system uses a feature called "geo-targeting", this means that our system checks the origin of the visitor and alters the parking page according to the language spoken in this country.

So, if someone from the USA, Canada or UK visits a parked domain, they see english ads. If someone from Germany would visit this page, it would show german ads.

---------------------------
welcome daniel! that's great to know that sedo is targeting the ads to the viewer's country. i wondered about that. thanks for the info.

iNV

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont believe that is the case. The keyword is for sure english, as this artist(music) (this domain is for him) is in the USA and Canada and I bet in UK aswell. And I dont know what to do... this really kills the clicks...as the ads displayed are garbage :(.. I am going to test this myself and tell you from a American IP. okay.. So hold....

UPDATE: this is acctually true, I just tried with a US IP. and it seems to work.. but this leaves out the question... How can I help my canadian visiters :S is it possible to add keywords that will be displayed if not a lot of ads are displayed? I tried doing comma keyword comma and it doesnt really do much

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom