Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo to Auction Premium .Mobi Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they should have NEVER reserved any names...totally a steaming pile of BS

Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Extremely good news.

I searched and searched, but can't find a list. It is impossible that they will auction all the 58 domains in one day at Sedo. Their website would blow up...

LOL
It's one at a time i believe.
Roses.mobi is first up.

If Sedo continue along their 'oh someone didn't pay never mind' attitude the auctions will turn into a farce! Sedo need a kick to start enforcing their 'legally binding' contracts!!!
Agreed. That applies to all extensions. There are too many non-payers, it needs tightening up.

I just emailed Pinky Brand and requested a copy of the list.

Will you post when you get it Yoda?
cheers

Rumor...

A SIX FIGURE .mobi sale will be announced next week.

Keep the good news rollin' on !

Damn! :smilewinkgrin:
I think i need to go to the bathroom again ;)

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ummm, we're talking about 58 out of almost 6,000 so although we are only talking about less than 1% of the reserved names the marketing and extension recognition will be huge ... they should use as many avanues as possible to continue the buzz. i say spread it out, give great domains a few, afternic and every domain event that comes along ... the more the extension is in the spotlight the closer to public acceptance we get.

exactly.

its 58 domains guys, sheesh.. i think itll be fun to watch the different ways they market/distribute that huge list of names.. a sedo auction is a great idea..

this is going to be very very fun to watch...

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still no word from Pinky. When I receive his response, I will let everyone know that he says. :cheesy:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're holding a clutch of nice mobi's these auctions will be fun to watch! ;)
If you're a mobi hater it must be pure agony! :lol:
Pred :cheers:

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're holding a clutch of nice mobi's these auctions will be fun to watch! ;)

i was thinking the same thing, and they are going to be seeing this for months, if not years, to come.

topgun999

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about .mobi, you have to love their marketing skills. Auctioning Roses.mobi on Valentines Day. What a great idea.

Can you see the headlines?

Looking for a great gift for your sweatheart?

Get her ROSES.MOBI

and after the sale, the press will be huge.

Media after the sale.....

Did you spend $XXX,XXX for roses on Valentines Day?..THIS GUY DID !!

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

LoL!!!! Exactly Pred. It will be very exciting for those with a strong mobifolio.

For those with Mobi-Envy, their envy will morph into rabid jealousy. Those fellas will be barking & foaming from the sidelines. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LoL!!!! Exactly Pred. It will be very exciting for those with a strong mobifolio.

For those with Mobi-Envy, their envy will morph into rabid jealousy. Those fellas will be barking & foaming from the sidelines. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

every 10 or so posts (given you obviously can't present any valid arguments NOR add anything constructive) you just show up and add some random pump borderline BS..

After all these posts I think you've earned the title of the ".Mobi Rubber Duck" congratulations...!

"We" are so full of envy... I can't even stand it... :sigh2:

PS Given our expected foaming, I think it's a GREAT idea to register FOAMING.MOBI, that way when we're out and about we can fire up our browsers, go to FOAMING.MOBI and find solution to our problems(!).

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just sent Pinky email number two. I will keep you all posted.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
According to MTLD, the entire point of reserving these premium names, was to ensure that they will be developed
Kind of a marketing gimmick, don't ya think?

Out of the millions and millions, perhaps billions of all the sum total of domain names registered, how many have actually been developed into a web site?

Knowing full well that a strong and viable .mobi presence, market, and deployment is still perhaps 1-2 years away, who do they think they are kidding by claiming they were reserving these domains for development?

They knew full well going into this that there is a boom in the domain real estate market and a vast majority of domain name registrations are purely speculative and an investment by folks like us, domainers.

They know the power of generics and know the interest is present and can see the revenue each premium domain has the potential to generate.

If you really want to see some fireworks, why won't ICANN auction off the one and two character dot coms that they are hoarding?

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kind of a marketing gimmick, don't ya think?

Out of the millions and millions, perhaps billions of all the sum total of domain names registered, how many have actually been developed into a web site?

Knowing full well that a strong and viable .mobi presence, market, and deployment is still perhaps 1-2 years away, who do they think they are kidding by claiming they were reserving these domains for development?

They knew full well going into this that there is a boom in the domain real estate market and a vast majority of domain name registrations are purely speculative and an investment by folks like us, domainers.

They know the power of generics and know the interest is present and can see the revenue each premium domain has the potential to generate.

If you really want to see some fireworks, why won't ICANN auction off the one and two character dot coms that they are hoarding?

Marketing Strategy? Yes
Intelligent? Yes, Yes, Yes!

Why?
dotMobi also allocates premium names thru RFP (and several other allocation mechanisms.)

But the key is the Request for Proposals (RFP) Process

The following & hundreds more will be awarded thru the RFP process.

news.mobi
ringtones.mobi
sports.mobi
weather.mobi

Evaluation Criteria:
The receipents of these domains will have to show the mTLD they are currently involved in the respective industry, provide a business plan that shows launch dates for each Premium .mobi site.

dotMobi will review the submitted proposals per the evaluation criteria included in the application and will announce winning proposals March 2007. Contract discussions will then commence with the winning applicants.
Look, this provides an opportunity to develop critical mobile user content in order to promote the adoption and use of the .mobi domains.

Remember the end users will be participating in these .mobi Sedo Auctions.
Keep in mind at the Hollywood TRAFFIC in October, the CEO of 1-800-Flowers (Flowers.com) placed a $190,000 bid
for Flowers.mobi......

The SEDO auctions should be called the Battle of the EndUsers for the .Mobi Holy Grail!

I'm excited!

Michael

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:sad: This just in from Pinky Brand :sad::

"Hi Craig,

Unfortunately what you read is erroneous and no online auction is
planned for February. Any auction (or allocation via other methods) of
any dotMobi Premium Names will always be announced officially by dotMobi
and will be viewable at http://dotmobi.mobi.

Pinkard Alan "Pinky" Brand
Director, New Markets"

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

"Hi Craig,

Director, New Markets"

Thank you Jedi!

There has been so much excitement about the supposed auctioning of the premium Dot Mobi names.
People are eager and will have to patiently perservere for such names :)

Life is beautiful,

WorldRadio.mobi

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just registered sex.mobi lucky me :eek:k:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

"Hi Craig,

Director, New Markets"

shame! anyway, i may change the whois on a couple of my dot mobis to show ownership by mtld & address in ireland etc ;) then submit then for auction on sedo! ;) lol quite a few are better than a lot of the reserved anyway. could be a plan? lol :lol:
just internext to look forward for time being then. ho hum :smilewinkgrin:
Pred

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
music。mobi
shoud be huge

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom