Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo's "justify your selling price" comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol!

robert

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or just ignore it as the bid will expire?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I prefer to look at my offers and see only the ones I am interest in as active.

A comment like "I have paid 10x what you offering in an auction" would be nice. :)

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
When I get lowball offers followed by a Justify your price - I simply cancel the transaction. Some buyers have no clue & I don't have time to deal with timewasters.

Me too. i dont reply with a justified comment. if the buyer dont know the value, no point telling them more. Cancel is the only thing.

Some buyers are stubborn. I've counter with an offer. he counter lowball again. i cancel. he makes new lowball offer. i cancel. he makes the same lowball offer.

ClasP

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if the buyer dont know the value

most do though...that’s the point im making....i laughed the other day when someone was looking 50k for a mediocre .info domain.....we can all dream i suppose!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClasP said:
i quite like the 'justify your price' response...most sellers are dreaming with their prices so it makes me laugh when i get someone asking for $$$$$ for a domain which has every other extension available except the .com which theyre selling.......

No doubt there are overpriced names, but are you saying you are going to "teach" the seller something by demanding a justification? Have you ever seen this work, or did you waste your own time as well as the sellers?

I've had many lowball offers, then sold a name at full price, so I can tell you I won't be "taught" anything by someone asking me to spend time justifying a price because they offered $50.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Cancel works, but you have to enter a counteroffer first. So to go from getting a lowball offer to deleting it from your list you have to go through quite a few screens... counteroffer, confirm, cancel negotiations, confirm, delete negotiations, confirm. They need one button: FLUSH

I must be "special" because I don't have a cancel negotiations option anywhere.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Cancel works, but you have to enter a counteroffer first. So to go from getting a lowball offer to deleting it from your list you have to go through quite a few screens... counteroffer, confirm, cancel negotiations, confirm, delete negotiations, confirm. They need one button: FLUSH

This is the reason I'm pulling my names from Sedo and I know others have done so. Cancel should mean CANCEL. I shouldn't have to enter a counter offer before I cancel the negotiations. I might like the opportunity to provide a reason, but this should be optional. I see no logic in being forced to give a counter price before cancelling.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HardwareGeeks said:
You mean people actually use sedo to make you offers? I haven't had one offer on Sedo but have had 3 people contact me and make an offer. I am only guessing that they got the email listed from the whois.

Yes, Sedo sell about 1 domain a month for me typically in the 500 Euro plus range.

Got to have he right domains and be prepared to accept reasonable offers.

Regards
Dave Wrixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators