Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Sedo's support becoming unfriendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As many you might know, I was and am a big supprter of Sedo before they became partners here.

Howver, recently, I have noticed a drop (a serious one) in their friendliness in their emails.

As an example.
We all know Enom has been having problems with their whois for cought domains through club drop.

In the recent weeks, I have been 'harassed' by a few Sedo 'support' people trying to verify the whois.
I explained to them the situation, and showed them how to retrieve the correct whois by going to the registrar that is , in this case and many others, enom's partners.

What bothers me is that recently, and a specific person there, has replied in 'not such a friendly manner'.
My emails are always polite to them.
What's happening to their ever so friendly support (that I talked about so many times in so many posts)...?

Also, If I can find the whois info, can't their support team?
Has their been a downgrade in the 'quality' of knowledge in the support team?

Thanks to people here at DNF, and especially Mr. W our friendly moderator (dont you wish the UN were run like DNF is?) I have 'convinced' Sedo that I won the domain.

What is sad is, that it is a simple whois query, althout because of Enom's problem, requires only *one* extra step.

In either case, the specific person at Sedo left a very bad 'taste' to the otherwise excellent experience I have enjoyed there for the last couple of years.

I hope for Sedo's sake, and our own, that they are getting competent staff and not people who do not know how to do a little deeper than normal whois lookup...

Tyler_Durden

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

first, sorry for the inconvenience that a colleague of mine caused.

The problem with the domain check is that our WHOIS-Lookup uses a general one where you can look up not only one single TLD. Because of that, we are having some troubles with certain domains.

Another point is that some registrars "protect" the WHOIS, but it is crucial that we know the owner situation, else, everyone would be able to list other peoples domains for sale.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Sedo.

Cheers,

Daniel K

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
The problem with the domain check is that our WHOIS-Lookup uses a general one where you can look up not only one single TLD. Because of that, we are having some troubles with certain domains.

So presumably this (and customer contact emails) is being addressed to be more "member-friendly"?

Tyler_Durden

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know who you were emailing with, but i think it was not meant in a bad way at all. I work for the german support team, so the chance is rather small that you have correspondence with me.

Regards,

Daniel K

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
I don't know who you were emailing with, but i think it was not meant in a bad way at all. I work for the german support team, so the chance is rather small that you have correspondence with me.

What I wanted to say is what my colleague Nora stated in another post :

If you enter a Domain, please be sure the WHOIS shown on www.whois-search.com is correct. We are sorry for this, but there are more than 400 domains a day which need to be checked manually, and we don't have the time to check 50% of them with another WHOIS.

Regards,

Daniel K

Presumably a Sedo customer could provide you with a link to the gaining Registrar's whois in order to establish the authenticity of a whois not available at whois-search.com ?

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

Many customers do indeed provide us with a link to the registrar's WHOIS.
However, some do not.

Even when they do, WHOIS updates for newly acquired domains are not instantaneous.
Some registrars take several working days to process the new ownership and have the relevant WHOIS details updated.
Generally speaking, we advise customers to wait three working days for the WHOIS to be updated.

I'm afraid that verbal or email assurances of ownership are not sufficient proof.
We must be able to see the customer's details reflected in the WHOIS.

While I understand that our current verification process can prove troublesome, please understand our position.
We have to do our best to ensure that domains are being listed by their legal owners.
In addition, the sheer volume of daily new additions mean that we have to use the most time efficient method of WHOIS verification that we can find.

If we were to check each domain's ownership with each domain's individual registrar's WHOIS facility, we would face a problem with increased processing time.
Newly added domains would then likely be queued for checking which would cause some delays and customer dissatisfaction.

We hope that by trying to keep the "Add a Domain" process as short as possible and by relying on our customers willingness to cooperate with necessary checks, we can endeavor to ensure a relatively fraud-free trading platform.

As always, please feel free to email individual comments to us here at Sedo if your question requires more research and detail than I can generally address on a forum.
You can contact me at the email address below.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo you rock Baby....Now thats got stuff....Way to go Sedo, great response :)

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that they are doing a great job. Sedo and all staff should also be congratulated for the recent sale of viajes.com for $300,000! Let the trend continue and may the force be with you*********************

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, let me take a moment to thank Sedo for answering here.

As we all know, Enom has been having some problems in their club drop whois.
The 'dispute' occured on one of these names.
After many, many exchanges and *after* receiving confirmation that my specific name was entered into the system, i received another email asking to verify again.
Thats when the adventure began.
I replied that I already verified it and i have an email from Sedo verifying it. Aparently, that made the specific person at Sedo.co.uk a little upset as they thought I was perhaps questioning their integrity, when all I did is forward the email with the subject line of the specific domain that said the day before they had verified it.

The person became a little 'less than friendly' at this time, and said that this was not enough.
What isnt enough? That another person at Sedo said ok, an the other one said no?
I then wrote a very polite email explaining how to do a simple whois (which only required on more step by going to the specific regsitrar). It struck me as strange that the person did not have the time or perhaps know how to do this.
I actually wrote a step by step guide on where to go, where to locate the whois and where to find all the data they needed.

I also included a copied (text only) version of the whois showing me as the owner.
I got a reply, with a certain 'edginess' in it that me being idenitifed as owner is NOT enough and that they wanted to see the admin contact as well.

I again pointed out that If they follow my step, a really, really easy whois query, they would see me listed as owner, technical and admin contact.

The reply was that this is Not satisfactory.
So I sent a screen capture and the link.

The problems are 2 major ones.

Why wasnt this person able to do a whois lookup after I gave them a step by step gide email on where to find it?

And, why was this person becoming obviously aggitated at me while in the meantime, i kept polite and friendly.

I usually do not keep al records of my emails, but in this case I have kept them all.
Again, maybe the person just had a bad day, and was ired, but it shocked me as it was the first time in my many many dealings with Sedo, that i felt I was beeing dealt with in a non professional manner. Also, its courteous I think in emails when you do not know the other person, to either stick to Mr. XXXXXXX, or simply, 'enter full name here', because in the last email, I even had my name shortened :)

Anyhow, I concur that generally, Sedo is tremendously good and friendly, and I'll write this 'episode' off as perhaps just a person having a bad day.

Thank you Sedo for replying here and listening to us.
Also, thank you for PMing me, I will be in contact with you.
I actually came close to calling Nora yesterday, I was so frustrated.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simply amazing!!!

I just got another 'sorry we cant validate you as the owner' for the SAME domain that was 'ok' 2 times and validated and I have 2 emails saying it was enetered into the system!!!

this is in regards with the above issue.
What is happening?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best is when I try to enter a domain and I get "The domain you are trying to enter is NOT registered"... LOL

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, that happens often, but its because they are using whois-search which takes 3 days to update .com/.nets

Just received an email to diregard the 3rd verification request for the same domain after I told them it was verified twice already.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you send them a link to your registrars "whois",then i have seen them recognize you as registrant faster.

for instance, i sent sedo a link to enom's "whois" for domain,and it was approved, even though they had already listed the name in "domain parking"!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for me, although i sent the whois data, in one instance they also wanted a screen shot.
Which of course was a screen shot of the whois data from enom.
Kind of weird, but maybe its newer people at Sedo'd team learning the system?

also, a name can be listed in domain parking before approval, but from my understanding you dont earn anything from it, and no one can try to buy it until it is verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom