Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Selling all my possessions and fleeing the country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The majority of US citizens voted for them in last election

No, the majority of those who voted, voted for them. The majority of US citizens does not vote.

The US population is 293 million. About 21% of those people voted for Bush, and about 20% voted for Kerry.

Domain Summit 2024

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ROFL, where is this thread going?

Note the starting thread. Maybe keep in context.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I want to go.
You get to meet the prime minister also I guess since he isn't busy blowing up nations he has some time.
BTW where is our thread starter?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol Caribbean would be nice, but i don't think it is really that bad here! Maybe some day I'll go to the Caribbean for a vacation, but for now, I'll just stay here in the Good ol' USA.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mexico has several resorts where you can live a life of luxury on their west coast, many americans go there to live out there retirement in some great communities. Many of them do it on less than 50k a year

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris_Usavio said:
I have assets of above $1M currently but what if something happened that would take pretty much all of that away...

It seems like you were vague on your question for a reason... Therefore, I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be able to give you amazing advice.

Retain some qualified help and give them specific details about your problem. Afterall, it's not like we're talking about a low dollar domain dispute, you're talking about $1M.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FP1 said:
It seems like you were vague on your question for a reason... Therefore, I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be able to give you amazing advice.

Retain some qualified help and give them specific details about your problem. Afterall, it's not like we're talking about a low dollar domain dispute, you're talking about $1M.
I agree about the lawyer part, but he never said he has a problem right now, just an
"if something happens"
here in the US. So I'm not even sure why he feels this way.

If he has done something that is causeing him to fear the goverment, then I say get a lawyer or leave! If he is saying this cause he is afraid that the economy is going to collapse, then buy some gold and hang on to it... It may be a good investment in any event.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
buy some gold and hang on to it... It may be a good investment in any event.

Buying gold in any event is a good investment, it will always beat inflation and will always gain in value as there is only so much of it.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
No, the majority of those who voted, voted for them. The majority of US citizens does not vote.

The US population is 293 million. About 21% of those people voted for Bush, and about 20% voted for Kerry.
That's the sad part of pretty much every ellection. People don't vote, yet they bit*h when "shit hits the fan". If you don't vote, you don't get to complain..

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=374

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This thread is a joke. You're actually giving advice to someone how to avoid paying taxes or flee justice?

By the way, US tax payers are taxed on their worldwide income. So moving to another country pretty much waives their safe return home, should they ever miss it, that is.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're actually giving advice to someone how to avoid paying taxes or flee justice?

Personally, I believe people should be able to live where they like. The US government has a different view on the subject of actually revoking US citizenship, and it is an extremely difficult thing to do. Remember, we used to criticize the Soviets over things like the Berlin Wall, but we also make it very difficult for most people to "leave", and for the good reasons you cite. I certainly wouldn't advocate anyone evading taxes or fleeing justice. However, there are quite a few wealthy people who do manage to leave and to revoke their citizenship, having of course paid up whatever tab they owe.

But if one is going to say "love it or leave it", then one shouldn't be surprised if some people take the "leave it" option. My ancestors, in particular, were here before the rest of you showed up. You can leave when you are done.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The motives are strictly financial; he's not being refused of going to e.g. Cuba to see his family - he simply wants to maintain his wealth and not pay taxes. That's how I understand it. So what does Bush or whomever have to do with it?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he simply wants to maintain his wealth and not pay taxes

But there is no US general "wealth tax". One can put all of one's money in a closet, and maintain it all one wants, and not pay tax.

What we tax is income. If you are a US citizen, and you receive income, then you pay one of the lowest income taxes on the planet. Now, there are ways to avoid paying taxes on that income, such as by deposting it in a tax-deferred retirement account, offsetting income with certain kinds of losses, income averaging, etc. That's perfectly fine. It is a crime to evade paying tax - i.e. not paying tax owed or using various illegal schemes to hide income. In addition to being a crime, it is unpatriotic. The idea that one is being "screwed" by having too much money, when there are people struggling to put food on the table, is absurd.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chris_Usavio said:
I have assets of above $1M currently but what if something happened that would take pretty much all of that away...

You speaking of a political/terrorism action of some sort happening or worried more about a lawsuit, etc?

If lawsuits/bankruptsy is what you're concerned about, then look into annuities, asset trusts, etc.

Chris_Usavio said:
What would the best route be to cash out, transfer the money to something like a swiss bank and go to a non extradition country?...

Once something bad happens, be it political/terrorism or simply a legal dispute, it's likely too late to cash out.

Chris_Usavio said:
What countries wouldn't send me back to the US yet I'd be able to have my money in a good bank account where its safe...

Some caribbean countries, but there are no guarantees - so if going off-shore, spread it out in various forms, such as cash, real estate, gold, etc; don't put it all in one account nor let anyone know how much you really have - trust no one.

Chris_Usavio said:
I'm rather sick of the US Government screwing me over.

How? Through taxes? If so, I'm mystified, since taxes in the U.S. are relatively low compared to many other countries in the world.

Ron

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
look.. If you really want to become invisible to the government just send me over $100,000 and I'll keep you in the finished Basement, with A/C and all the food you want. You can even borrow the car from time to time. :)

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
or use your money to become president of the US
that way you can hide "within" no one expect's you to be perfect. In you last years
tell the right people you want to take billions more of there income to support
a private investment you sent up for yourself. It will last longer then ssn and in time 50 years the young retirees will benifit. lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Are you still on the run Chris?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. But I'm not using my old account anymore. I decided to purchase the account of another member so as to better hide myself online.

Doh!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Yes. But I'm not using my old account anymore. I decided to purchase the account of another member so as to better hide myself online.

Doh!

Very appropriate avatar for that purpose. Have you seen Neo at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom