Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

broker SEM(.)com

Status
Not open for further replies.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am the broker for the domain SEM.com and am currently looking for potential buyers. So far DNForum is the exclusive site for this amazing domain...but not for long. Take this puppy off the market before too many people find out it's available.

THIS DOMAIN HAS REDICULOUS POTENTIAL!!!

Domain is registered through Network Solutions and has been since 1994!

Buyer agrees to pay all escrow fees.

Please PM all SERIOUS offers

Thanks

-Midgetlov

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...I wanted to update you on the current high offer.

$50k is where we are at right now but that isn't near the value of this domain.

SEM.com is the ultimate domain for anyone in the search engine marketing industry and there are numerous other companies that this acronym would be fantastic for.

Thanks to all who have sent PMs...keep them coming!

-Midgetlov

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offence, but you should probably try building up a reputation before trying to sell an $xx,xxx name here.
Also noone will bid if you cant verify or confirm your mid $xxx,xxx offer.

Also in a none disrespectful way, and as much as I appreciate this is a great name, if I were you I'd run with the mid $xxx,xxx

dreamant

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would have to agree with tom

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offense taken...I appreciate the input.

My lack of reputation shouldn't change the fact that this domain is extremely valuable though. ;)

Also, the amount the domain will be sold at is determined by my client and not by me - after all, he is the owner.
In terms of verifying the bid amount I'm afraid that is up to you to believe or not (if you have any question about whether I'm actually the broker, simply try to contact my client directly via whois and find out what the others have that attempted to side-step me).
The bin is in the 7 figure range anyway now, and I doubt that such a simple negotiation technique as lying about an offer amount would be enough to close a deal of that magnitude.

The buyers that can afford this domain won't be worried about any of this...it just comes down to whether they want it or not.

Quick question though...should this sale hit the DNJournal at the mark we have set it at, what happens to my "reputation" then?

Thanks again everyone! As mentioned before, the current high offer is in the mid $xxx,xxx range.

-Midgetlov

GiddyUp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i hear there is a negotiation in the low seven figures going on right now for that name.... ;)

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now where would you hear that from... :blush::rolleyes:;)

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain has been sold and transferred. Thanks to everyone that expressed interest.

Cheers!

Ryan

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say right now due to confidentiality agreements. I will check with the buyers sometime later today to see if I can get permission as I would love to get it "on the record".

Cheers!

Ryan

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like Internetrealestate bought it. Nice sale.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the great sale!

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice domain !

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
I agree that this domain is better than seo as well. As far as dnjounal goes, if I can get permission to report it, than it would definitely fall withn the top 10 list.

Cheers!

Ryan

arsampson

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the important thing is that I'm happy. I used to be the owner of sem.com. While some here may be more interested in the 'chops' they think they've earned, I wanted someone who would represent my interests, and I found him.

Ryan has been most helpful and, thanks to him, my retirement is secure. Non-disclosure agreements all around, and the value of the deal would be hard to estimate as there are ongoing relationships. My expectation, however, is that the total value down the road will exceed the seo.com sale. That for a domain name alone where the seo.com deal was for a complete operating company. Way to go Ryan!

In case you haven't guessed by now, I'd recommend Ryan on the spot. I presented some unusual challenges, and some unusual demands, and he delivered. It's a little premature to assume that the wild west of internet domains can be reduced to a track record or a set approach. Far more important is realizing that the internet is a place of constant change, and opportunities have to be found and optimized with flexible and creative approaches. Ryan did that for me.

No disclaimers required. I always write only what I mean, what I want to say and what I stand by.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ryan has been most helpful and, thanks to him, my retirement is secure.

You might have helped him secure his retirement with his broker's commission too!

Congrats on the sale!

I wonder what the long term forcast is for the need to optimize for search engines, right now it is definitely a great skill to have. Search engine marketing will probably outlast SEO, because there will always be a need to advertise in some form through search engines - text ads, banners, video, ppcall, etc. Optimizing to get a first page result on search engines gets harder and harder with the proliferation of sites, and changing algorithms. The future of SEM looks better than for SEO.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the very kind words Al! That was very unexpected to say the least...I'm not even really sure how to respond. :blush:
It was definitely my pleasure being able to work with you on this deal, and I truly do hope we can work together again in the near future.

All things considered, I think being a full-time domain broker is going to be a decent career change... ;)

Thanks again, and I'll talk to you soon Al.

Cheers!

Ryan

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, the important thing is that I'm happy. I used to be the owner of sem.com. While some here may be more interested in the 'chops' they think they've earned, I wanted someone who would represent my interests, and I found him.

Ryan has been most helpful and, thanks to him, my retirement is secure. Non-disclosure agreements all around, and the value of the deal would be hard to estimate as there are ongoing relationships. My expectation, however, is that the total value down the road will exceed the seo.com sale. That for a domain name alone where the seo.com deal was for a complete operating company. Way to go Ryan!

In case you haven't guessed by now, I'd recommend Ryan on the spot. I presented some unusual challenges, and some unusual demands, and he delivered. It's a little premature to assume that the wild west of internet domains can be reduced to a track record or a set approach. Far more important is realizing that the internet is a place of constant change, and opportunities have to be found and optimized with flexible and creative approaches. Ryan did that for me.

No disclaimers required. I always write only what I mean, what I want to say and what I stand by.
Wow. I am impressed. Either Ryan is one hell of a salesmen or they really wanted that domain to pay that much for an LLL.com, or a bit of both. Either way congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators