Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Server.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB7

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sean, welcome to DNForum.

Your first post is quite an introduction.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sean,

Welcome to DNF.

I wouldnt sniff at anything under 500K unless you really needed to unload it. In that case be sure to get 250K+

Category-defining domain name. Very nice.

Regards,
Stuart.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this domain name will eventually end up in end user's hands, it's a great name and I can't imagine that there isn't someone with deep pockets out there who can pay 7 figures and benefit from this name at the same time through building a business around it. So it is up to you if you want to sell for reseller price (mid-high 6 figures) and enable another reseller to make millions out of the eventual end user sale, or if you wait you can be the one who will make the millions. If you dont need money, wait a few more years (hopefully months) for an end user to knock on your door.

I will go a step further and advice you to consider the falling trend of the USD as well, in case you are not a US resident. If you get an offer of say $1M, and you are happy with it, then don't wait another year to get a better offer of say $1,25M, because the latter amount might be worth less than what $1M would a year before. This is a very important factor that you need to consider and it is something that nobody has mentioned in this forum(probably because most domainers are in the US).

If I had hypothetically sold a domain for $1M in 2001, I would have made 1,125,000 Euro.
But If I sold it one year later, $1M sales revenue would equal to 839,000 Euro
6 months ago, $1M would equal to 740,000 Eur and today, $1M would equal to 625,000 Euro. That's almost half of what I would get with the same amount of dollars a few years ago! Today, I would need to sell the domain name for almost $2M (double price!), to get the same amount of money in my European currency.

Consider that as well if you are going to wait.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait for a few more years, it will go for 7.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I Had a Million Dollars ...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow what happened to the 20K websites that depend on server.com

Great name!

About Server.com

Server.com is owned and operated by Server Corporation. Launched in 1996, it currently offers six different online applications which work with any Web browser. Over 20,000 websites depend on Server.Com's WebApps to provide their users with basic services such as discussion groups, mailing lists, and calendars. Based in Boston, MA, Server.Com delivers over 50 million pageviews per month. The company's ongoing mission is to provide small-to-medium webmasters with the tools to move their sites beyond static publications into full-fledged online communities.

Privately held, the company has achieved this phenomenal growth and success through the loyalty and support of its users. Every day, over 100,000 Internet users benefit from Server.Com's services as they visit their favorite websites.

Sean Brunnock
Server Corporation

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow what happened to the 20K websites that depend on server.com

Great name!

About Server.com

Server.com is owned and operated by Server Corporation. Launched in 1996, it currently offers six different online applications which work with any Web browser. Over 20,000 websites depend on Server.Com's WebApps to provide their users with basic services such as discussion groups, mailing lists, and calendars. Based in Boston, MA, Server.Com delivers over 50 million pageviews per month. The company's ongoing mission is to provide small-to-medium webmasters with the tools to move their sites beyond static publications into full-fledged online communities.

Privately held, the company has achieved this phenomenal growth and success through the loyalty and support of its users. Every day, over 100,000 Internet users benefit from Server.Com's services as they visit their favorite websites.

Sean Brunnock
Server Corporation

go to www.server.com :smilewinkgrin:

at bottom:
The old Server.com website is now YourWebApps.com. Visit YourWebApps.com for hosted applications for organizations- message boards, newsletters, databases, calendars and newsfeeds.

packeted

DNF Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome name! I'd be inclined to say that this is worth at least 500k but if it were mine I wouldn't sell for less than 1.5m - as it has been said there are many potential end users out there with extremely deep pockets including the likes of Microsoft.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Easily worth $x,xxx,xxx

DNCredit.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Simply amazing name - would give my right arm but would still come up short (no pun unintended).

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Doogles

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's gotta be your million-dollar baby.
Here's a lesser doll, but what would you appraise ooh.ca

Nostrodime

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an incredible domain. I'm going to expect this domain to hit national news when it sells.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And it was no national news lmao

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say somewhere between $769,999 and $770,001

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators