Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Shady DNForum Member - Should Be Booted Off DNForum

Status
Not open for further replies.

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNF shouldn't be Sedo's enforcer.
Sedo is smart enough to stay out of this.

This isn't something that happened solely on Sedo... the other person is a member here on DNForum and he contacted me on DNForum about the domain. I would think that you wouldn't want someone who did this behavior on this forum because history tends to repeat itself and I don't think you'd want to be on my side of a transaction like this in the future.

Domain Summit 2024

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for you, I know I feel crappy when domain deals fall through especially for 4 figures.
Luckily we have a forum like this to warn others, thanks.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think DNF should give this guy 1 day to explain himself here, in this thread. If he fails to do so - or, explain adequately, then he gets booted frm DNF...

DNF is not Sedo's enforcer, of course - but, its about who we want as a fellow member at DNF....I'd say we don't want members like that at here.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He already has seen this thread. Last login was at 5pm so not sure why he hasn't responded.

Domainster

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the member here on DNForum

http://www.dnforum.com/member-king-dot-net.html

I do a whois lookup on king.net and what do I find:

Emil Mendoza ([email protected])
+1.7035014981
Fax: +1.7035014981
12587 Fair Lakes Circle #248
KING OF THE NET
Fairfax, VA 22033
US

I noticed this domain KING.NET mentioned in a post apparently by Emil M. in the comment section of the feature story on Chef Patricks blog today.,,,something about getting it brokered perhaps

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is PM I sent to him, along with his reply from earlier today....

KING dot NET said:
nam6641 said:
Appearantly, you did not know that Sedo releases the bidder's contact information when they do not pay so that the seller can pursue legal action if they so choose.

You should be ashamed of the stunt you pulled.

I sincerely apologize for this mistake.

This is the first time to buy a name representing a customer/partner but bailed out. Just to make it right. I try to get it for a low price $2K but again that's a wrong move. I have no other explanation.

You have my information, please contact me direct.

Again, I'm very sorry for a bad decision.

Just to make it right he tried to get it for a low price (make it right for who?)... So appearantly he has $2k to spend, but it's that extra $1,100 (to get to his $3.1k bid) that he doesn't have (or doesn't wish to pay). Not sure what it takes to get a perm Ban here on DNForum, but I would hope this would do it.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am waiting for his side to hear.. on bid sheilding and misrepresentation !
but amazingly, i never knew SEDO releases such info!
and yes, the sugggestion of selling to second highest bidder makes sense, but god knows who this second highest bidder was ?

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You always get information about the other party, no matter what.

If you are the seller and the sale goes through, you have the info. If it doesn't you get the info anyway.

Even if you are the buyer and the sales doesn't go through. I once bought a domain, escrowed funds to Sedo, just to get a message that the owner said they no longer had the domain? WTH??

They negotiated, accepted my price, waited for escrow funds to be sent and only then noticed they no longer had the domain? Really professional. They backed down on me or were really clumsy. Whois info was changed and the new owner has some pretty rude info on whois (Not for sale, f... off), I'm thinking about reporting that. It's a strange name for a company, especially in all caps.

Sedo said I could go to court, yeah... nor I, nor the seller, lives in the US, to be able to ask for a compensation for my loss of time...

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leave room for the seller and buyer to tell their side of the story.
Do not hi-jack thread or post any personal information from seller/buyer here.

And last but not least stay on topic.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to show that you get information about the other party in all situations, it seems some people weren't aware of that.

It wasn't my idea to hijack the thread, and my story is long gone (2 or 3 years ago), it doesn't matter to me now.

shack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me. The corruption in the domain industry I've seen over the years is sickening. From major auction houses to deals like this.

vikrantjain22

Vik
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a seller at Sedo, one has the right to get the defaulting buyer's Name & Contact info and also have the option of requesting Sedo to permanently ban the person from the Sedo Marketplace
The buyer may return to Sedo with a new name and address, but thats a different issue.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to make it right he tried to get it for a low price (make it right for who?)... So appearantly he has $2k to spend, but it's that extra $1,100 (to get to his $3.1k bid) that he doesn't have (or doesn't wish to pay). Not sure what it takes to get a perm Ban here on DNForum, but I would hope this would do it.
Check your State's and his State's limits on how much you can file for in Small Claim's Court.

Speak to an attorney. I believe you need to file in your state. Cost of doing so is minimal and you can represent yourself.

Since both of you are in the US, this should be fairly easy to do.

If it is beneficial to you to file in your state, then do so.

If he doesn't show up, well...

People do not realize that this is not only a breach of contract but it may also be fraud, meaning someone who meant to defraud someone else. It may even be borderline wire fraud.

But, keep it simple. Use small claim's court.

Chef Patrick

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed this domain KING.NET mentioned in a post apparently by Emil M. in the comment section of the feature story on Chef Patricks blog today.,,,something about getting it brokered perhaps

Someone just brought this comment to my attention.

I do not know this person and have zero plans of brokering any domain names for them.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although each case needs to be examined separately, for amounts under $5,000 one can file at their local small claims court at a cost ~ $50 - $150. Once the case is decided, you can then seek the enforcement of the judgment via a collection agency or by putting a liens on the other person's property.

Have you had any experience doing this Acro? Any results? What if the buyer is in a different country - I had 3 sales not completed on Sedo last year totaling $XX,XXX - would like to get some of that $

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators