• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ShareMarket.tv... with an offer ...what do u think ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2006
Messages
417
Reaction score
0
Just bought this domain with two great keywords and got an offer.
Lot of countries refer to stockmarket as sharemarket as well.

Google results for share market : 153,000,000
Yahoo results for sharemarket: 133,000,000

The interesting part is I told my friend (not from the domain industry) about it and he made me an XXX offer.

How much do you think I should ask ?
 
this term is only popular in the UK, so I think there is a very limited market geographically, also I find only about 500K results for sharemarket, but its a good term, .TVs are still 3rd class domains, so I think it will be difficult to get more than $xxx
 
Thanks for you appraisal domainah.....

Since Verisign is now aggresively going to promote .TVs, I bought this domain.
I will wait for .tvs to rise in value before I let this one go.
The term is popular in Asia as well, thus increasing the domains geographical reach.
Also I think the keywords match the extn ......there are many TV channels like Bloomberg etc ....who deal in the share markets, and may be ... I am thinking I might be able to sell it off to some channel.
Thanks for your appraisal ....any one else would like to comment ?
 
You have searched the whole of google for the keywords/terms, when looking up words or phrases you must put it like so "sharemarket" etc etc ensuring the words are within the brackets. Sorry but your results are much lower after this is done.

But as an englishman myself i've never used those terms before, but i do call them shares rather than stocks so it does kind of make sense. But check the new results inside the " "s and you'll see that they are much lower than stated.

But i'd take your friends offer and use the money to invest in some other names. Using the information i've just told you. you'll strike gold in no time.

Cheers Chris.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom