Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Shill of the month ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The buyer is the owner of Securicomm.it and securicomm.net, so it looks legit.

Occasionally, even on Afternic, lightning strikes...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, dnpowerful is right in that it looks legit. However, it still seems very suspect.

For example, SecuriComm Italia seems to be corporation in Italy. Surely they must have a trademark on their corporate name.

Why in the world would they pay $26,250 to the guy in Canada who reg'd their (non-generic) company name when they can simply file a WIPO Complaint to get the name?

If they have a Trademark, it seems like a picture-book case of alleged Cybersquatting. In fact, it's possible to win even without a Trademark.

They would very likely win with WIPO, and it only costs less than $2,000.

Originally posted by RealNames

They would very likely win with WIPO, and it only costs $1,000.

they'd have their legal fee's to pay on top, plus the delays of having wait for a decision, and WIPO is now $1500 also (inlflation!). Though I wouldn't say its a slam dunk as we don't know about their trademark rights, many company's do not have a registered trademark covering their name.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most large companies won't pay anything for a name as a matter of policy, even for their company name, or else will never pay more than the WIPO cost. I have run into that several times.

Big firms really don't care about legal fees as that is in their corporate budgets. They also likely have attorneys on retainer or on staff, so the cost to the firm is insignificant anyway. It's a matter of principle with them in not paying, not the expense or time involved. Plus, the WIPO process is actually fairly fast.

P.S. Did not know about the 50% price increase at WIPO. That sure is a big increase when world-inflation is so low. However, they started out far too low.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still think it SMELLS bad.
26K ????
come on !

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shill maybe jumping to conclusions on this one.

One bid sold, hardly shill tactics, check the results on Google 168 all relating to securicomm, this is a hypersoft.com partner, 497 partners. www.knozall.com/resellerinformation.htm

The .com name was registered in May 2000, the .net in Feb 2002,
maybe the .it just needs the .com to go global who knows, doudtfull claim of squatting.

I just checked it because i like that kind of name, that has no inherent purpose on the surface, the one who has a possilbe claim maybe securicom.com created in 1997 allthough not in the same business, so maybe not.

Perhaps it's all just to grab the attention of the .it only time will tell, but if you needed that name then you have to pay the price and thats what it's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom