Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

ShortFilms.com - Short Films (1997 reg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Domain Name : www.Shortfilms.com
Verified Members : 1982

The site for the past 3 years has organically listed top of Google for the keyword “Short Films“ and switches between position 1 and 2 for key term “shortFilms“ too.

shortfilms.com currently receives over 5/10k Unique users per month without any marketing or SEO whatsoever.

Stats for 1st October to 23rd October 2011:

4,758 unique visits
35,484 Pageviews
7.46 Pages/Visit
27.83% Bounce Rate
00:02:26 Avg. Time on Site
89.05% % New Visits
Search Engines3,790.00 (79.66%)
Direct Traffic 685.00 (14.40%)
Referring Sites 283.00 (5.95%)

Domain comes with a full content managed system and verified members base. The site isn't monetized in any way so there is huge potential for someone to take it to the next level. The site is designed to allow film makers to upload there short films for the rest of the world to see.

This is a fantastic opportunity to own a category killer domain and big business if executed correctly, Companies like PIXAR have said its a billion dollar industry and have a short films tab on there index page purely decided to short films (I wish i knew someone there, lol). In the UK you have "Richard Branson" of "Virgin" operating in the Short Films space with his site > " www.virginmediashorts.co.uk ", plus other companies running competitions surrounding the short films industry on behalf of large corporations e.g. PUMA, BMW, SONY and so on whereby they offer $50,000/$100K prizes for the best short film which they then use for there TV Advertising campaigns etc, one of the biggies is > eyeka.com

You also have the short films festival in Palm Springs each year (15,000 attendees), Cannes, Berlin, the list goes on and on....

This is a fantastic niche domain in an industry which has a great deal of money.

This name sold at T.R.A.F.F.I.C in Dublin (2010) for €58,000 without the current site or member base (just the domain) > http://www.thedomains.com/2010/08/25...tal-of-e86820/

Looking for a hassle free sale at $40k > someone is going to get a real good deal here (buyer pays escrow.com fees).

Post SOLD to claim

Best Regards,
Barry

Last edited:

BG

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Seonmwando,

I had analytics on the domain up until the 23rd of October 2011, the stats i posted in the thread were meant to read " from October 1st to 23rd October 2011 ", not current (i'll correct that now). upon doing an update we forgot to put back the analytics code, grrr.

I have also fired across a PM detailing.

All the best,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom