Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Should I Accept $500 For LifeAdvisor.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help on this. I realize that this is based on opinion but please tell me yours. I received an offer via Sedo for LifeAdvisor(dot)com for $500 and wanted to ask if you would accept it if you were me?

And by the way, if you feel you want this domain, please feel free to PM me an offer as I will be selling it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ditto and I say never sell usually

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many domains in your portfolio are really worth developing? This is a nice domain to me,
worth keeping. Sedo gets a piece of that 500, too. I say, keep it and develop it. You can still
sell it but you will get more.

Unless you are broke and starving, then sell.

adonivideo

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
who the heck is a 'life advisor'

a complete non industry IMO

not worth developing

you can do some nice new regs with 500 and get some money terms in a major cpc area

life advisors

ok

slit your writs 99% of the world 2012 is coming

LOL

just kidding

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I would counter offer. If it's in your ballpark price range, counter with $1000 or $1500. If you want to have some fun, counter with $10,000 or higher. If you need the money, accept the offer.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Push to auction see what happens.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DLN - Why would a member from 2003 be asking advice on whether to accept a low grade offer? Why would you do it publicly? You should be giving Newbies advice not asking for it.

DLN I am going to PM you.
I concur. This thread is totally ridiculous.

First, you have no idea if the potential buyer is a member here. Secondly, it does not matter because now this thread is indexed by google and now anyone can see it, including the potential buyer even if they are not a member. Thirdly, how are members reading this thread supposed to know if this is just a tactic to sell the name circumventing forum rules.

Most of all, this this is not the way to handle a transaction or part of the negotiation process by publicly posting the name you have an offer on.

If I were the buyer and found this thread, I'd tell you to stick your name where the sun don't shine.

Lastly, I think 500 is too little for this name. This is niche field of self help, life coaches, and "spiritual" healing and advisors and this name totally dominates that niche.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I concur. This thread is totally ridiculous.

First, you have no idea if the potential buyer is a member here. Secondly, it does not matter because now this thread is indexed by google and now anyone can see it, including the potential buyer even if they are not a member. Thirdly, how are members reading this thread supposed to know if this is just a tactic to sell the name circumventing forum rules.

Most of all, this this is not the way to handle a transaction or part of the negotiation process by publicly posting the name you have an offer on.

If I were the buyer and found this thread, I'd tell you to stick your name where the sun don't shine.

Lastly, I think 500 is too little for this name. This is niche field of self help, life coaches, and "spiritual" healing and advisors and this name totally dominates that niche.
Great point Doc!!

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Absolutely counter - this domain is brandable and can be used for a variety of verticals - spiritual/religious/addiction treatment/life insurance/blog/health/

To an enduser $500 is NOTHING

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$500 is way too low.

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a domain forum and IMO this type of question fits within what a domain forum should have in it. I see the points about how this could be a way for a person to promote their names, but as long as someone isn't doing this kind of thing all the time, then I say fair enough. Other senior members have posted names they've had offers on and asked for feedback.

As to the original post, remember that the first offer is most often not the most a person is willing to pay. Almost no one makes their initial offer their maximum amount.

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, thank you everyone for your valuable advice! :) I greatly appreciate that.

DLN - Why would a member from 2003 be asking advice on whether to accept a low grade offer? Why would you do it publicly? You should be giving Newbies advice not asking for it.
DLN I am going to PM you.
Hi Bilbo, got your PM, but I don't understand what you were asking. I think your PM was trying to suggest I'm not the original account owner?

I'm the original account owner, I still own the domain of this account, "DeluxeNames.com", you can compare the whois of "LifeAdvisor(dot)com" and "DeluxeNames.com if you like. Or ask me about the early days, I knew who the first owner was, GregR, I bought a domain from NamePopper way back for next to nothing. I still kick myself to this day for not buying "Values.org" from him for $300!!! I was just about to send him the money and changed my mind. I still wonder if NamePopper was just GregR's alterego and how he could just vanish like that into thin air. I never made it into the secret society of domainers but will never forgot the day that one guy got kicked out and had a nervous breakdown all over DNforum back in 2004.

I met one of GregR's original Moderators for lunch at Friendlys in 2004 (can't remember his name but he owned all of the Space Station and Nasa domains). John Berryhill can vouch for me, he successfully defended me in 2005 when Godaddy.com tried to take away, "GoMommy.com" (Made a deal with them and sold it to them). I'm trying to hire him again for another issue (best domain lawyer on the planet).

I remember when Adam bought the forum and I even sold him a domain name way back then, it was something like: "DomainNameForum(dot)com" or something like that, maybe Adam will remember.

I'm really a nobody so not sure why anyone would want to take over an account at DNForum.com :lol: but feel free to ask me anthing.

Last edited:

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DLN, glad you were not offended, but we have to be on our toes constantly, if we do not protect ourselves then how can we expect help from others to protect us? :eek:k:

Unfortunately our DNForum accounts and accounts on other forums are actually quite precious, they are our passport into the domaining world where our reputations often are merely what others see on screen. Indeed forum id's on various forums have previously been hacked with the sole intent to defraud others members of those forums. Anyway I am glad that you understood that there was nothing malicious intended, and I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

As to the domain 'LifeAdvisor.com', at the very least counter-offer on Sedo or send to auction, the later as a poor second choice.

Hope all goes well.
:eek:k:

DeluxeNames.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DLN, glad you were not offended, but we have to be on our toes constantly, if we do not protect ourselves then how can we expect help from others to protect us? :eek:k:

Unfortunately our DNForum accounts and accounts on other forums are actually quite precious, they are our passport into the domaining world where our reputations often are merely what others see on screen. Indeed forum id's on various forums have previously been hacked with the sole intent to defraud others members of those forums. Anyway I am glad that you understood that there was nothing malicious intended, and I look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Hope all goes well.
:eek:k:
No worries, mate :) Admittedly I did disappear for several years as I had accidentally let my most valuable domain expire, which sent me into depression and I walked away from domains because every domain reminded me of the one I let go. Still hurts to think about it.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No worries, mate :) Admittedly I did disappear for several years as I had accidentally let my most valuable domain expire, which sent me into depression and I walked away from domains because every domain reminded me of the one I let go. Still hurts to think about it.

We all do things like that at some point or another. :)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should I Accept $500 For this Domain?

All the opinions are great but the real factor is how much do you need the $500.

That is usally a factor in the decision.

-=DCG=-

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't really see the big deal in you posting it other than possibly losing a sale if people said it wasn't worth the $500 if the buyer sees the thread, but browsing other forums I see the exact same post. Why post it in several forums instead of just 1? Doesn't really make any sense to me. Either way good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom