Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Showcase .pics

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen this thread created or if anyone got into .pics. Obviously some have if names such as host[.]pics, cloud[.]pics, etc. are registered. Please feel free to criticize my selection so I know which ones to drop next year (possibly).

After several weeks of thinking and reading @Theo 's post on LLL.pics, I managed to snag four of the best IMO. In addition to that, three (or four) that you can actually do with pics. I may go for more or diversify with gTLD's just so I'm not left in the dust if they do become recognizable like .com within years. As of now, I see them as vanity, but a couple hundred bucks now is well worth a couple thousand in the future.

I bashed gTLD's, but finally gave in to seven so far (here are just .pics). A few hundred now is worth the risk to take for a few thousand in the years to come.

What are your .pics domains and rationale behind getting some or passing this one over? Here are my .pics and potential development purposes of them (so I know who to target or be the end user myself).
  • XGF[.]pics - X Girlfriend Pictures - Hypothetically speaking... is it legal to post XGF pics and then tell her she needs to pay up for me to take them down as she did consent to pictures being taken? ;) I can see this one being brandable and memorable in a sense at this moment. *Girlfriend cheats on guy, clears out his house and she's never heard from again... but pictures were taken. * "Dude, you should post that on xgf.pics."
  • MGT[.]pics - Management Pictures (Picture Management, such as backups, sharing, etc.) all encompassing for the .pics to follow.
  • MGR[.]pics - Synonym for above (Picture Manager), could be put to different development purposes.
  • CROP[.]pics - Just what it says, crop your pics on the fly.
  • COMPRESS[.]pics - As image size is an important factor to increase your PageSpeed, why not a webmaster resource to compress pictures in bulk to the recommended compression ratio then ZIP[.]pics them back up in the directory format you got them from for easy overwrite of 10s, 100s or 1000s of pictures in mere minutes, always accessible in your Picture MGT/MGR account when it's done doing its thing.
  • ZIP[.]pics - People are idiots and can't "zip" files. Here, you can zip your pics and share them the easiest way it can possibly be developed.

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, if, you're following the link to "register this domain" then you may be putting duckies in theo's pocket, for now.

and imo, it's basically promoting for the registry

as for the .redundant i guess the letters will work for .photo and .photography too

Good Luck!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, if, you're following the link to "register this domain" then you may be putting duckies in theo's pocket, for now.

and imo, it's basically promoting for the registry

as for the .redundant i guess the letters will work for .photo and .photography too

Good Luck!
True, some would. XGF.photo doesn't work as it's not plural (same with zip.photo) and XGF.photography doesn't make sense in the context put. I believe that in this sense XGF[.]pics is the best one of the bunch.

Time will only tell with gTLD's and I'd rather spend a couple hundred to thousands bucks now than look back on it like I have with Bitcoin, etc., etc., etc. and finally take a risk. Will risk outweigh reward this time or will it be like putting 'all' my eggs in one basket with AMD on an after hours purchase at $3.94 when the CFO resigned the next day after opening bell?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i regged a .center domain, so feel free to smack me

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could see a generic like rehab work quite well with center.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
pics has too much competition from photos, photography, and so on.

ICANN did (and is continuing to do so) a huge injustice to all these people who run these registries by having them compete against each other for essentially the same product...camera, pics, images, photos, photography. This overlapping is not fair to any of the the registries.

I was under the impression that ICANN was not going to permit such closeness and similarities to the extension. But once they saw the bankrolls that they could stuff in their pockets that took all qualifiers off the table.

With that said, I do have one streaming.pics in my stable, a couple of photos (webp.photos and jpeg.photos), and a few .photography.

My approach to any new tld is to focus in on a specific use or product category. Most importantly, to reg with a specific goal in mind...creating websites. Sure, some are pure speculation and hopefulness that someone would buy them but there are just too many competing with each other to make that the primary goal.

product (keyword) + extension = keyword rich sites

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regged :

LosAngeles.Pics
NewYorkCity.Pics
I think .pics really fits a different audience than a geo would. It's my opinion geo.photos would be better as it could be used as a print or card shop for those areas. That's just my view on them.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i regged a .center domain, so feel free to smack me

:)
Why did you do that Biggie ? You want to dominate the middle of the dot namespace ? :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gerry, I wanted to do a palindrome so I am obviously disappointed :D

Domainer Luke

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I managed to snag clothing.pics, motorcycles.pics, gas.pics, and oil.pics

I have had 5 uniques on clothing.pics so far this month. Not saying thats great but its better than nothing.

Rajeesha

lets play domain game
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mh370.pics

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom