Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

showcasemanager.com major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dividendinvestor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just made my first auction sale on showcasemanager.com. There was a major problem. The buyer was unable to make payment because it said that i do not accept paypal payments. This was my first sale. So i went to my account at showcasemanager.com and i CANNOT add my PayPal account anywhere. There is no account feature that allows you to add a paypal account. How can i accept payments via paypal if i cannot add my paypal account information to my account in order to accept payments? You can deposit funds and withdraw funds using paypal BUT you cannot add your paypal account so that the buyer of your domain can pay you. How does a buyer make payment to you so that you can withdraw it? What am i missing here? Has anyone else had this problem? The buyer wanted to know if there was another way to do the deal and was not happy. In order to make the buyer happy and do the deal i had to re-list the domain over at GoDaddy.com and reduce the price in order to compensate the buyer for all the trouble. I'm starting to think that showcasemanager is not all its cracked up to be. Yes, they may advertise zero commission but the site barely gets much traffic and after the difficulty on my first sale i'm thinking about removing all of my domains from there and sticking with GoDaddy. Yes, i may be paying a commission on domain sales but at least my customers will be able to pay me and my domains have a much higher chance of being sold through a more reputable site. I'm glad i only paid for one year for showcasemanager.com and not a lifetime membership!

So i relisted the domain at GoDaddy and sold it to the same buyer over there. Now i cannot remove the listing from my showcasemanager account. I cannot cancel it, delete it, mark it as pushed, it cannot be removed at all! Lol

showcasemanager.com does not even have an FAQ section to answer some of these questions. And from past experiences their email support is less than adequate.

Eric

Last edited:
Upvote 0

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Showcase manager uses Escrow.com for escrow service. Escrow.com only accepts paypal if buyer and seller are from US. You can use ecop.com (run by Francois - domaining.com). They accept PayPal payments.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all, I would not accept a paypal payment for a domain...too easy to get scammed. Secondly, I would use escrow, which is supported by showcase manager.

Lastly, I do not understand why you would have to lower the price to compensate the buyer...was the buyer going to back out? did they really want the name or not?

Dividendinvestor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Showcase manager uses Escrow.com for escrow service. Escrow.com only accepts paypal if buyer and seller are from US. You can use ecop.com (run by Francois - domaining.com). They accept PayPal payments.

Showcasemanager uses escrow.com? I thought that escrow.com was somehow built into the system. I'm supposed to know that i will need an additional account over at escrow.com (a fourth party in the transaction)? Also, how am i supposed to know what Country the buyer is from so that i can choose either escrow.com or ecop.com or some other site? LOL. Why would a potential buyer of a domain on the showcasemanager website want to have to go to another website to actually close the deal? Would it not be more convenient for both parties to just go through showcasemanager only? What then is the purpose of showcasemanager when you have to go to another website (escrow.com or somewhere else) in order to actually close the deal? It seems to me that showcasemanager is nothing more than a "bulletin board" for you to say "hey, this domain is for sale" but you need to go to some other site to pay for it and/or get paid. Also, showcasemanager advertises that you keep 100% of the proceeds from the sale. Really? Wouldn't escrow.com or ecop.com and even PayPal deduct their fees along the way? You don't really keep 100% do you? Why is there no FAQ section on the site that explains all of this? Does one have to guess which country the buyer or seller is from then try to determines which other website to go to to make payment or get paid? What if the buyer is from china? Do i go to a chinese website to close the deal? LOL It is more convenient and hassle free for both buyer and seller if a deal is done through just one website (for example: GoDaddy, Sedo, etc.) rather than trying to determine wether to go to escrow.com, ecop.com, or having to get some other Fourth party involved.

Eric

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not bought through Godaddy for XXXX in a while, but the last time I did, they required escrow.com and provided a link which you have to have your own account. Sedo & afternic have their own escrow service...you pay for it.

Showcasemanager allows you to handle your own transaction and keep the cash. It makes a lot of sense if you are a savvy seller of domain names...Of course there will be a fee for the cash transaction/exchange of funds outside of Showcase manager - the same thing as if you were handling the transaction by receiving an email offer. ShowcaseManager just allows an alternative venue to showcase your name and not have to pay the exorbitant fee...Additionally, my understanding is that showcase manager is in its first stages and will evolve with constructive suggestions.

I think your thread (although insanely whiny) can have some constructive suggestions to make the site better.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you were able to arrange with the buyer to relist the name at Godaddy and buy it over there, why couldn't you have just given them your paypal email and accepted a paypal payment, then transferred the domain? Although I wouldn't recommend taking paypal from an unknown buyer.

As for where you list your domains, there is no harm in listing them in many marketplaces, and the owner of ShowcaseManager even suggests that. Why would you only pick one place to list your domains for sale? DNforum links through to ShowcaseManager and even though it is fairly new, traffic from here and affiliates should build up over time. You want your domains in front of as many eyeballs as possible. In the end you made your sale, that's what counts, most sales usually do come with some hurdles no matter where you sell them.

Dividendinvestor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have my domains listed in many places. The buyer of my domain at showcasemanager would not just send me money via paypal and hope i actually forward the domain to him. Who would? over 90% of my domains are listed in several places. it just happens that this particular domain was not listed at GoDaddy. Its funny how i sell a domain at showcasemanager and only after the buyer has trouble paying i find out that i need to open an account at another company (escrow.com) and i'm supposed to guess that the buyer is from the U.S. and not from France where i would need an additional account set up at ecop.com. No explanation of these additional requirements on their site.

Another thing that showcasemanager needs to do is to place an * asterisk next to their advertisement i saw of their services where they say that you keep 100% of the sale price. The * asterisk would refer to a notation that reads something like " escrow.com and paypal may deduct fees..." etc. As it stands now (without that notation) they are collecting membership fees under False pretenses. They are advertising that you keep 100% of the proceeds from the sale price when in fact you do not. I signed up for the membership under the impression that i would be keeping 100% then afterwards i learned that that may not be the case. I feel as though i was duped. In my opinion, it is possible that someone could actually sue showcasemanager.com for False advertising by telling potential customers that they will get 100% of a domain sale price and then they learn after they sign up that they in fact do not. Perhaps even a class action suit against them for promising 100% of sales proceeds in return for your membership fees is possible. They need that * asterisk with a notation about the other fees that may be charged by fourth parties.

I also think that showcasemanager rushed way too fast into launching the site. I believe that, although it is a good concept/business model they could have planned it much better and made the site a lot better before they launched it. Like explaining all the fees and processes for both parties in an FAQ section. The additional accounts you may need at escrow.com and/or ecop.com. When i first signed up i sent 2 emails asking questions and had not got one response from them. How's that for customer support? They really should have put a lot more thought into it before going live. It seems to me they rushed too fast to get the site launched then waited until after to start fixing and adding things.

I'm not whining here I'm just stating the facts and letting you know how i see it. These are my opinion of which i hope they take seriously.

Eric

Last edited:
I

impactadmin

Hi,

I apologize for the confusion you are having.

The process works better with us because we take the payment for you. The buyer will fund his account with Paypal. Showcasemanager receives the payment and will automatically add the funds to the buyers account. The buyer then completes the purchase and through the exchange of domain transfer and so forth the funds are added to the sellers account and is available for withdrawl via paypal. You will be able to withdraw your funds via PayPal once there are funds in your account.

I have my domains listed in many places. The buyer of my domain at showcasemanager would not just send me money via paypal and hope i actually forward the domain to him. Who would? over 90% of my domains are listed in several places. it just happens that this particular domain was not listed at GoDaddy. Its funny how i sell a domain at showcasemanager and only after the buyer has trouble paying i find out that i need to open an account at another company (escrow.com) and i'm supposed to guess that the buyer is from the U.S. and not from France where i would need an additional account set up at ecop.com. No explanation of these additional requirements on their site.

Another thing that showcasemanager needs to do is to place an * asterisk next to their advertisement i saw of their services where they say that you keep 100% of the sale price. The * asterisk would refer to a notation that reads something like " escrow.com and paypal may deduct fees..." etc. As it stands now (without that notation) they are collecting membership fees under False pretenses. They are advertising that you keep 100% of the proceeds from the sale price when in fact you do not. I signed up for the membership under the impression that i would be keeping 100% then afterwards i learned that that may not be the case. I feel as though i was duped. In my opinion, it is possible that someone could actually sue showcasemanager.com for False advertising by telling potential customers that they will get 100% of a domain sale price and then they learn after they sign up that they in fact do not. Perhaps even a class action suit against them for promising 100% of sales proceeds in return for your membership fees is possible. They need that * asterisk with a notation about the other fees that may be charged by fourth parties.

I also think that showcasemanager rushed way too fast into launching the site. I believe that, although it is a good concept/business model they could have planned it much better and made the site a lot better before they launched it. Like explaining all the fees and processes for both parties in an FAQ section. The additional accounts you may need at escrow.com and/or ecop.com. When i first signed up i sent 2 emails asking questions and had not got one response from them. How's that for customer support? They really should have put a lot more thought into it before going live. It seems to me they rushed too fast to get the site launched then waited until after to start fixing and adding things.

I'm not whining here I'm just stating the facts and letting you know how i see it. These are my opinion of which i hope they take seriously.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators