Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld sibername premium domian auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Until this becomes a known and established auction with a regular attendance of real buyers I would have a reserve as well. What I am hoping though is that the bids shown are in fact the reserve if they are not bids. I hate auctions where you bid away only to hear at the end that no sale because reserve not met...waste of time. I don't mind committing budget to names I know I am in the hunt for, but it ticks me off when I hold back on something else because I have funds committed to something I might not get.
I guess the long and short is...if it is there then the highest offer will win it or don't post it.

I like what Siber is trying to do and will be a regular there.

Domain summit 2024

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well when I logged in there was a group of domains all owned by the same person with 3500 sitting next to each of them (3 domains as I recall). Another group owned by another domainer all had 1000 bids next to them (4 as I recall).

I find it hard to believe that these are/were real bids.

I just logged in and I see the bids have been changed. The domains that had 3500 bids on them are now down at 1000.

hx also had a 5000 bid beside it and is now changed to 1000

Somebody's playing games:sigh2:

I've been contacted by a well known domainer that I have known for years and have a good deal of respect for. They aren't a member of the forum so they asked me to convey the message to all of you that there was some confusion over the original listing prices and reserves and that is why the domain prices changed.

No games were intended.

I guess it's just the glitches in setting up a new system. I accept the explanation.:)

Gordon

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for passing on the info DW :D

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well that explains why things seem to swing back and forth each time I pop in there.

Are these bugs worked out now though?

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi;

thank you for your interest in our new Premium Domain Name Auction system.

We have tried to implement the advises we have received from our TBR domain customers.

This is the first week of the auction.

We have sent out emails to our TBR clients only. We did not do any other PR work yet. We are planning. If you have advises to reach the potential CA auction interested parties, please let us know;

The deadline for the first week's auction is today 02:00 PM EST. Because it is staggered, all domains have different deadlines separated with 3 minutes.

I would be appy to answer specific questions you might have here;

Seasons Greetings

Bulent Turkoglu

http://www.sibername.com

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Sibername.com for running a .ca auction. I bailed out on the bidding for build.ca when it hit $2100. I couldn't tell what it finally went for, but it was nice to see it do well.

I'm hoping that this becomes a regular event, and that word of mouth spreads. This could be what the .ca market has been waiting for, an auction site with premium .ca names. It might bring attention to the value of the domain names for internet marketing in Canada. I can see this snowballing.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of the premium names sold. At least i did not see any reserve met, signs. It was a start and can only get better from here.

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the way the reserve worked. I would have like to have had a clue when the reserve was met or that it was not being met. I had to guess at how the reserve part of the auction worked.

It seemed like the only time you got information was when putting in a bid. It would be nice to see more detailed auction rules, and maybe simply the words "reserve not met" in the auction listing during bidding.

I'm sure it will get better, it's just nice to see something happening.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why can't it just be that the opening bid for the premium names is the reserve so we know when/if we make a higher bid it is going to get sold....

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why can't it just be that the opening bid for the premium names is the reserve so we know when/if we make a higher bid it is going to get sold....

I agree with this, but I also see the value in knowing what people were willing to start the bid at...helps get a better feel for domain pricing.
Serious bidders will clear the low ball offers if the name is "good enough."

At the very least it should state if the reserve is met when looking at the auction.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Agreed.

And being able to bid on domains after they have been grabbed is also a bit of a pain. If you are the only bidder before the drop - you should get the domain. The post drop auction should be open on a particular domain to those who placed bids before only imho. I didn't lose any domains this week to that -but I can certainly see it happening. Reward those who bid early and often...

And has anyone been billed for your winning domains yet? I got three but no payment yet. :cool:

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They usually come tomorrow Roy..they will send a pay request...I think they have to sort it out...
Worked just fine for me last week....got my names no worries...

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you keep Sibername as your registrar, or did you transfer to your regular registrar? I am considering switching my 1,000 names as they come due, to Sibername from 10Dollar.ca if they'll give me the same pricing. I'd like to see a company that is benefiting us, rewarded.

Anyone's thoughts...

raceway

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you keep Sibername as your registrar, or did you transfer to your regular registrar? I am considering switching my 1,000 names as they come due, to Sibername from 10Dollar.ca if they'll give me the same pricing. I'd like to see a company that is benefiting us, rewarded.

Anyone's thoughts...

I have always used 4 to 5 different registers, never put all your eggs in one basket. ;)

put a couple there to try them out. :)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man am I confused, why do they make navigation so hard, nothing is easy.

I look yesterday and see X days remaining now names are either closed or cannot be found, navigation is horrid . I have to say I am not impressed at all. Prices and days remaining wrong, no price list for some names like hx.ca where did it go ? What a headache. Adding names is a PITA who creates this stuff almost like they dont want customers.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edit....Sorry...JP was referring to the premium auction...

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish they would've shown top bids at the end of the premium auction (as they currently do with TBRs). If I knew the bidding on some of these names I'd be tempted to go ahead and try auctioning off a few of my own for fun next time. Also good to know the final price if you're a bidder too... don't like how they just disappeared after the auction.

anyone see the final high bid for hx.ca? I missed that one!

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do like the new price for the lowest bid of only $10 plus tax. :)

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All premium auction (not TBR) domains disappeared because non of the reserves were met. This means none of the domains you saw yesterday actually sold; perhaps it would be best to leave them on the screen and put a note "reserve not met" so that we all know this, rather than having to make phone calls to find out...

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators