Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld sibername premium domian auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone following the sibername premium domain auction. I got four in there. Interested to see how it all plays out.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw a few of yours in there Christian, Good luck with the auction. I got a email from the guys at Irex and they have 4 names in there as well. I'm not really in a position to buy right now but I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

P.S looks like Bets(.)ca and Value(.)ca already have bids on them, I believe they started at $500 too.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jason, i just wonder if it was publicized enough. I barely new it was going on until Roy mentioned it on fyo.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know sibername sent out a email to there list and I got one from iRex Corp. My guess is none of them will see much action until tomorrow afternoon or just before close. But I'd be surprised if there aren't a lot of people watching them.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i don't think there will be much action until close either. This could be big if sales are high enough it could alert potential .ca investors to the value of dot ca's . Alternatively it could be another day in the land of conservatism.....

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll be interested in the results, this may be a good way to get more exposure and bids on names. Might be better to wait til January, everyone's getting into holiday mode now.

Hopefully this will be a good step in the .ca aftermarket, if it works well look for other registrar's to duplicate this auction format.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
on sedo they pump extensions like .info .co.uk and .de but not .ca, i know that regs are higher for these extensions but still have never seen them promote .ca, correct me if i am wrong.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
P.S looks like Bets(.)ca and Value(.)ca already have bids on them, I believe they started at $500 too.

I don't think so. I noticed the ones with so called bids were all owned by the same two domainers.

I suspect the "bids" are actually the reserves.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has a good rep for selling cctld's, but haven't seen them sell many .ca's, they mainly move European cctld's.

I like what Sibername is doing, and I think we'll see it more. As the supply of good .ca names dries up, they will have less action in the regular TBR, and will have to turn to .ca domainers for auction inventory.

sleddogrob

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do one of you have the link for this auction?

Thanks!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think you are wrong b/c sibername said that when reserves are met it will say reserve met beside the name.

Well when I logged in there was a group of domains all owned by the same person with 3500 sitting next to each of them (3 domains as I recall). Another group owned by another domainer all had 1000 bids next to them (4 as I recall).

I find it hard to believe that these are/were real bids.

I just logged in and I see the bids have been changed. The domains that had 3500 bids on them are now down at 1000.

hx also had a 5000 bid beside it and is now changed to 1000

Somebody's playing games:sigh2:

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think they are ironing out the kinks in the new system

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I saw the same as DropWizard as well - same as last week about the errors/bugs... maybe it's only something we in Greater Vancouver see!? :)

Will be following the results of the auction within an auction.

And re-reading what Sibername sent and please correct me if i am wrong - you have to place at least one bid to be able to bid further on any domain they actually catch in the drop? If it's (tbr domains) open to bidders who never even placed bids but are just waiting around to see what's actually caught - that's err ah.. a pain in the arse.

And revolution1 - I'm thinking you may have placed your reserves too high. :eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators