• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Singlular form keywords vs Plural form keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Jedi

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
0
What would be worth more; Car.us or Cars.us?

Thanks in advance!
 
I was just going through this with some other
domains this weekend. I think it's always safer
to go with the shorter singular name. The plural
probably loses more traffic to the singular than
vice versa. Still, if it's a product that people
normally buy more than one of, 'books' 'cards'
'decorations', then the plural is maybe equally good.
The reason I prefer the singular is that it's shorter,
and they have to type in the singular to get to the
plural, while the reverse can't be said.
 
hugegrowth, thank you for providing your insite.

Anyone else care to comment?
 
What we need is a few links to some good studies on this topic :).
 
it doesn't matter pleural or singular

if you develop the singular you may loose traffic to the pleural and vice versa

as we saw people who register typos of high traffic site

they register the pleural if the site is singular and vie versa

but if I have to choose which one I'll go for the singular
 
It really depends on the name you are using. If you could register car.com or cars.com, I would register cars.com. It sounds natural where are car.com does not. For some domains, it would be better with out the s. It really depends. If possible, it would always be better to register both, and forward one to the other.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom