Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Site Sale: NovaProxy.com - $40/Month - Custom Design! Huge Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now there is a guy who knows how to post stats for a site being sold. :) Best of luck

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice functionality.

i did get an error if your interested.

or.mimeTypes){c("u_nmime",navigator.mimeTypes.length)}} function y(b){b=b.toLowerCase();if(b.substring(0,3)!="ca-"){b="ca-"+b}return b} function G(b,a,d){d=d.substring(0,1000);d=d.replace(/%\w?$/,"");if(b.google_ad_output=="js"&&(b.google_ad_request_done||b.google_radlink_request_done)){a.write('

Let me know if this design/script will be error free.
As well the type of server that will be needed to run this. Its CPU dependant ?

Thanks. might have more question when i get back later tonight

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Now there is a guy who knows how to post stats for a site being sold. :) Best of luck

Yokee.com said:
i did get an error if your interested.
Where do you see this error? I can't find it.

Yokee.com said:
As well the type of server that will be needed to run this. Its CPU dependant ?
I'd recommend having your own server. I have it on a budget server (AMD semphron 1.8GhZ, with 512MB Ram), with about 20 other pretty high traffic sites, and it's working fine.

The script is actually designed to stop accepting new users if the server load gets too high (a custom feature I added). The server load bar also helps me, and visitors, know how busy the site is at the moment. You'll need a linux/unix based server for the load bar/shutoff to work.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply nts, very informative in fact.

as for the error.. I was testing its load capabilities and opened a window browsing to a ppc site (fast loading) then opened a second such site, then on the third it gave me that error. I didnt take the time to figure out what the error translates to. I'm in a rush and going out the door now.

I'll be back tonight to consider it and also to run it through the grinder some more. Errors arent always a big deal, can be fixed, but for the most part i outsource alot of my work and there's always a fee involved. So less errors equal higher value to me.

Talk to you later if the sites still available.

Jacksplat

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The backend of the site is powered by CGIProxy, http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/, I only designed the frontend. Generally CGIProxy is a very stable script, it powers most of the web-based proxies on the net, however it can sometimes have a rare error or two with javascript (currently being fixed for the next version of CGIProxy). One of these errors is probably what you saw, I've never seen one, but I've read about them being reported.

CGIProxy is far too advanced for me to fix any errors, but I can certainly fix errors in any of the frontend of the site, if you see any.

Thanks,
Nathan

bluejess

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
-could the buyer keep your web hosting account? what are your monthly fees to run site? what is your preffered method of payment, will you do the transfer and do you offer any support after transaction should there be need for such? Can I see stats of revenue for more than a few days... how long have you been generating $? 40$ a month minus the 10$ you've been paying for advertising = $30 monthly - minus hosting fees = profit???

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested.
But I saw most of the traffic is from proxy.org. Do you have to advertise there? Because I saw a traffic boost since May 4 and there seems a special way for proxy site to get huge traffic.
Thanks.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$325 offer - Pending that you can have it on your server for 2-3 days while I get my server setup for it.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bluejess said:
-could the buyer keep your web hosting account? what are your monthly fees to run site? what is your preffered method of payment, will you do the transfer and do you offer any support after transaction should there be need for such?
You should have your own server already for this to be profitable, before I started this site I paid for my server ($75/month) for my other sites, I'm not paying for a server just for NovaProxy alone.

You do NOT have to advertise on proxy.org. If you stop advertising on proxy.org, your listing will still be there, and it will still get a lot of clicks, but it won't be in yellow. I had another proxy a few months ago, that had a normal (free) listing on proxy.org, and it got only slightly less clicks then the bold listing. The reason the traffic increased on May 4, is because that's the day it got listed in proxy.org, I paid for the yellow listing on the end of May 5.
Zion said:
$325 offer - Pending that you can have it on your server for 2-3 days while I get my server setup for it.
Thank you for your offer. I can keep it on my server for a few days, if you are the winner.

eliteworx

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Offer at 350$ I've got a dedicated that can handle it. How hard would it be to have a banner on the top, a small 468x60?

Where is the main traffic coming from? Also, ability to place links?

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your offer.

Links and/or a banner can be placed quite easily on the proxied page or the homepage, simply need to edit the html. I can give you instructions if you are the winner.

The main traffic is coming from people who have bookmarked the site, or are typing it in (repeat visitors). New visitors mainly find out about novaproxy through proxy.org, or proxy topsites (see http://novaproxy.com/stats.png). Traffic is mainly from US and Britain.

Darkneoboi

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is a pretty good deal and I would buy it but I do not have that much money.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is needed for the Click here for a secure connection ?

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To setup the SSL secure part of novaproxy you'll need an extra dedicated IP address (most servers come with a few), and you'll need to generate an SSL certificate. I generated mine through cPanel (WHM), other control panels such as plesk can also generate them. Generating them is free. After generation I assigned the certificate to the IP address novaproxy was on under cPanel/WHM. I can help the buyer with this, if needed.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well - Dang. I am really debating if I should BIN this or not.

I dont have a server currently for just the proxy site, but it doesn't look bandwidth intensive at all. And then you said you have other high traffic sites on that small server...

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You certainly don't need a dedicated server just for novaproxy alone. I had a dedicated server with my sites on it for a while, then when I added novaproxy I did notice the load average go up, but the server speed has only been effected slightly. I hardly notice it's there, except during the occasional traffic spike, where page load slows down by a second or two.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, can you give me the last two days of traffic? It looks like the traffic dropped like a rock the 26th - 1/2 the page views. ETC.

Thanks.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep the traffic did drop, I find the traffic drops a great deal on weekends. The traffic was also quite a bit above average on the 24 and 25. Most proxy traffic is coming from people in schools or at work.

Here's the latest daily report: http://novaproxy.com/stats_new.png. This also includes a graph that shows the daily average of pageviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators