Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sketchy domain offers coming out of the Philliphines under gmail emails....

Status
Not open for further replies.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got three different domain offers from gmail addresses, they mask their location with very generic type names. They use their names in an gmail address usually ending with numbers.

They are making inquiries on .com, they will never give a price, only request you make an offer, not sure who they are working for, or what their motive is as in terms of getting anyone to take them seriously.

They do not make inquiries on the parking pages, instead go straight for the whois, I think someone has outsourced a call center, with a list of domains, or criteria, and they are working for someone. They are going after aged keyword .com's. No matter how much you press them, they will never give you a price, just ask you to make an offer.

So before you guys get excited, and waste hours researching, do an ip check, they seem to be using very generic names, which no way seem legit.

Normally I wouldn't think much of it, but they were sent to 3 different emails...

------>

CountryPhilippines
State/Region48
CityBayombong
Latitude16.4812
Longitude121.1497
Area Code

FIRST EMAIL:

<[email protected]>

Hi,

I am interested in buying your domain DOMAIN NAME Please let me know your asking price.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
William Smith
------------------------------------------------------------

[email protected] SAME IP AS ABOVE

Second Email:

Hi,

I would like to inquire if your domain name DOMAIN NAME is for sale.
If so, please reply with your asking price and I will email you back
soonest.

Thank you and have a great day.

Selene Jones

--------------------------------------------------

[email protected] SAME IP AS ABOVE

THIRD EMAIL:

Hi There,

I am in the market for a few domain names and from doing a whois search I am showing that you are the owner of DOMAIN NAME.

If you are the owner and would like to sell, please let me know what your price is and I will get back to you.

Thank you very much,

Barbara Seale

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got one from B Seale just a few days ago, she claimed to have no idea of what to offer.

so i gave her the "ideal" price....and never heard back.

:)

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got one from B Seale just a few days ago, she claimed to have no idea of what to offer.

so i gave her the "ideal" price....and never heard back.

:)

I can see these foreign centers trying to spam to sell domains, but actually to buy then, that is the part I don't get. I quoted $1M for fun on a reply, and got a response from William, that he will pass.

Just got another stupid email on another account------------> The whois sources back to India, the personal names given in no way match their origin, can you say end user burn out...

Good afternoon,
My name is Alex Taylor, I am a Senior Brokerage Consultant with Domain Consulting Group Ltd.
I am contacting you regarding MortgagePoint.org as I have been commissioned to sell this premium domain name and I felt it could be an excellent addition to DOMAIN NAME already held by your company.
The seller is motivated to sell and I am happy to present all and any reasonable offers for consideration.
Thank you sincerely for your time and I look forward to your feedback.
Regards,
Alex Taylor
[email protected]
www.ilwx.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some of them work for some big cheese domainers that shall remain anonymous.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of them work for some big cheese domainers that shall remain anonymous.
Exactly right, some paid drones.
But some domainers routinely send such E-mails under assumed identities.
There was a time when LLL.com holders would receive $200 offers lol

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, but it's from a registrar I don't even have an account for warning me of the upcoming auction for dj-w.com. I suppose anyone from small companies to large will try to nickel and dime you to death. I just ignore them.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got one of the cookie-cutter inquiries today from "Barbara Seale" using [email protected] email address.

These going-nowhere bargain-hunter emails don't bother me as long as I can recognize them for what they are and ignore them. That saves time on both sides. When they're especially annoying, I like to quote a reg-fee price just to toy with them and see what happens. Naturally, I never follow through on that price quote!

Just for kicks, this was my response to Barbara:

"Would you like to have Nuisance.com? Since domains cost $10, I think $10 is a fair price."

We'll see whether that generates a $10 offer ...

Last edited:

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from [email protected]

I don't mind that these people spam me because an inquiry is an inquiry. It's good data to know which domains have interest so I don't let them drop.

But why do they never respond? If I name a high price a low price or no price they never respond. I don't get it.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from [email protected]

I don't mind that these people spam me because an inquiry is an inquiry. It's good data to know which domains have interest so I don't let them drop.

But why do they never respond? If I name a high price a low price or no price they never respond. I don't get it.

this happens all the time no matter what you're selling. i havnt been able to completely figure it out either.. its too often for people simply changing their mind. i sell electronics on the internet and typically it goes like this:

Q: Hi, im looking to purchase this but want to make sure it has the Intel GMA 950 graphics card first. also i need this fast, can you ship today?

A: yes, it has that exact graphics card. yes will ship today.

not sure thats the best example - but basically 9/10 times when people get the exact answer they wanted, responded to within 2 minutes - they just disappear. strange..

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The people buying electronics probably found it elsewhere i.e. amazon/ebay/another vendor.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The people buying electronics probably found it elsewhere i.e. amazon/ebay/another vendor.

ive considered this but i usually sell for the lowest price on ebay and amazon, have 100% feedback and been on for 14 years with a super generic old school user ID... i almost think its like "window shopping" on the internet. people inquiring about things they cant even afford to begin with hahahaha..

with domains maybe its just people feeling out the market for prices... or just being dreamers

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting. So how can I find drones to do my domain spamming for me?! Would save a lotta time!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
drones would imply someone is in control.. maybe more like internet bacteria that can string together sentences. i guess a better example would be when people ask:

Question: hey, ill buy one for $350, can you do that?
Instant response: sure, ill do that.

*poof*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom