Skill.Ventures

sunny04

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 24, 2011
nigeria
Hi

unless "skill" is the name of a venture company, then I don't see any value for the domain

imo...
Must the keyword be the name of a company for it to have any real value? What do you then make of these other names that were either sold for 5 digits or have received at 2 least bids each from sedo?

pacific.ventures
forextrading.ventures
commerce.ventures
design.ventures

Last edited:

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
Must the keyword be the name of a company for it to have any real value?
if, a company wants it, to name their brand or new holding,
then yes .... the keyword is the leverage value for the seller
by coincidence, @Castion posted an example of a company with "skill" as their name, so if they wanted it, then you would have some leverage in negotiation.

What do you then make of these other names that were either sold for 5 digits or have received at least bids from sedo?
since they are not being appraised, and the keywords are different, then they are irrelevant to the discussion.

imo...

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
Its actually an EMD since the company is called Skill Ventures.. But frankly that does not make the domain liquid nor valuable. You need multiple buyers for that.

sunny04

Gold Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 24, 2011
nigeria
Its actually an EMD since the company is called Skill Ventures.. But frankly that does not make the domain liquid nor valuable. You need multiple buyers for that.
Thanks for all your candid opinions regarding the name but in my view, my potential targets are not existing businesses who might own similar domain or business names but to startups or would be entrepreneurs in the tech or design industry who will be attracted to the name or better still businesses that believes the name will be suitable or really defining to their area of expertise.