• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Snap Back questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
1
1. Do snap backs expire after one year, and if so...where do I see the amount of time I have left on my snap back(s).

2. If or when I get a domain name snapped for me....where is the domain name registered??.....do I determine that or do they have thier own registar? If I determine.....where would I put that information at.

Thanks for your help..


Shagg
 
1. Log into your snap account select "my account" and select "e-mail me a list of my active snapback subscriptions". Expiration dates of all your active snaps will be listed.
not sure of question 2
hope this helps
cheers
 
2) I think it depends on where it was dropped from. I had one snapped domain registered at netsol and another registered at bulkregister.
 
Originally posted by Shaggy
1. Do snap backs expire after one year, and if so...where do I see the amount of time I have left on my snap back(s).

2. If or when I get a domain name snapped for me....where is the domain name registered??.....do I determine that or do they have thier own registar? If I determine.....where would I put that information at.

Thanks for your help..


Shagg

All registrars that Snapnames works with are eligible to "Grab" a domain. I have had two domains registered by SNapnames in the last two week, both dropped byt the same registrar, but picked up by different Snapnames partner registrars.

No, you do not choose which registrar that picks up the name. An email arrives from snapnames once your domain is registered telling you which registrar grabbed it and they give you a login and password at that registrar within that email (it is usualy the same as your snapnames user/login).

Hope that helps.
 
Then why do you have a nameserver information section in our regesteration info, whats the reseason for that??
 
IMO.. it's a waste of money.. many may dis~agree with me.. but if your checkN the cool drop lists.. and creative enough.. you will find a great name no one ever thought of.

good luck
 
Originally posted by Shaggy
Then why do you have a nameserver information section in our regesteration info, whats the reseason for that??

That's so you can set the default nameserver info and whichever SnapNames partner registrar grabs the name, the nameservers will be ready to go as per your default.

Also, I never let a SnapBack subscription expire. If I don't manage to grab a name within the life of the SB, in the last couple of weeks I use it to renew one of my own expiring domain names by Snapping my own name. But you have to be careful here that you don't choose a really good name or else someone else might get it before SnapnNames, LOL
 
Cool thanks...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom