• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale SnapNames error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
4,853
Reaction score
1
I just got this email from Snapnames saying I won the auction for a domain name.. An auction that was showing I was outbid for the last 3 days (by two other people). I never really wanted the domain (backordered by accident, I wanted the .com). I think this sucks :worried:
 
Sounds like they have some shill bidding going down or deatbeat users.
Question is who is doing this around town?
Surely there has to be a way to verify.
 
Steen said:
I just got this email from Snapnames saying I won the auction for a domain name.. An auction that was showing I was outbid for the last 3 days (by two other people). I never really wanted the domain (backordered by accident, I wanted the .com). I think this sucks :worried:

I noticed this too. Seems they assigned it to the person that placed the domain in their account first.

To avoid this problem in the future, you have to backorder domains using IE, and not Firefox or Opera, as you can't disable the checkbox besides ".net" in the backorder window so they sometimes accidentally add the .net version to your order list.
 
hotsauce said:
I noticed this too. Seems they assigned it to the person that placed the domain in their account first.

To avoid this problem in the future, you have to backorder domains using IE, and not Firefox or Opera, as you can't disable the checkbox besides ".net" in the backorder window so they sometimes accidentally add the .net version to your order list.

I was apparently dumb enough to do the same thing using IE. I didn't think I ordered the .net, but sure enough I own it now.
 
Ya, I am a bit disappointed that I paid $60 for a crappy .net when eNom caught the .com version that I was trying to backorder :-(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom