Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SnapNames Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, after Snapnames catches a name for you, they charge an additional $39 each year when the name comes up for renewal. If someone moves the name to their own registrar, how does Snapnames force the buyer to keep paying them that $39 a year? Also, if you pay them the $39 does that include renewal for another year or is that just an extra fee to them above the cost of renewing registration. I can't find the answers to these questions anywhere on their web site.

Domain Summit 2024

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. I think you pay $39 to RENEW your SnapBack subscription... not to renew the domain after your SnapBack has expired... Your SnapBack expires automatically when it has been sucessfully used. So, if you have a lot of SnapBacks that don't get used during their year of life, they can be RENEWED at a lower cost.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's what I've always assumed. You pay the registrar that regged it for you for renewal unless you transferred it beforehand.

~ Nexus

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, $39 to renew the Snap only if it has been unsuccessful and you want to keep it going after the 1st year. Name snapped is renewed with the registrar not Snapnames.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - that would make much more sense and corrects some erroneous information I previously received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom