Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Snapnames REALLY sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yet another failed snap... wasn't even a highly contested name. Got a few more coming up over the next few days, should be fun.

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow Snap missed a couple for me yesterday. I just don't understand how they could keep missing ALL of the time.

They may not be even trying to get the names, instead they may be gearing up for WLS as they will be the main player with NetSol from what I hear.

Now have 6 vacant Snaps sitting there which I do not bother to use again as it seems like futility spending the time, since they have lost I guess about 11 of the last 12 Snaps for me. Some of them were lower quality ones and lost to $8.75 NW bids and GoDaddy.

I think everyone should demand to know what is going on with them and why they take money and allegedly make no attempt to reg some, especially org.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
Snap missed a couple for me yesterday. I just don't understand how they could keep missing ALL of the time.

Same here. Can't even remember the last time one worked. A boatload of 3-letter .orgs dropped today. I have so many extra Snaps from previous failures I decided to make one last stab at a couple of those - both failed. From the many that I checked the vast majority went to Pool with NW picking up the others (in fact I got one from NW that I didn't have a Snap on). No one other than those two companies got any that I checked!

I had a third Snap today on a 3-letter .net. Haven't heard anything on it yet but it is almost a certainty that it failed as well. It's just mind boggling how so recently having the Snap meant you had a better chance than anyone else of getting the name. Now having it seems to mean you have almost no chance.

Just saw this posted on another forum:

"Funny thing happened to me 3 days ago.
I checked a deleated name 2 hours after the dropping hour.
The name was backorderd by someone at SnapNames, and it was free !!!
2 hours after the dropping hour!!!
So I took it for $7 wow!
Can someone explane it to me???"

Someone on this forum said they had a Snap on a name and it was still unregisted the next day! I am composing a letter to send Snap to see if they can shed any light on what is going on.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Same here. Can't even remember the last time one worked..... ........Someone on this forum said they had a Snap on a name and it was still unregisted the next day! I am composing a letter to send Snap to see if they can shed any light on what is going on.

It seems there are only 2 strong possibilities.

(1) Snapnames had/has major computer problems - hardware or software related, perhaps programmed wrong regarding drop times, etc. starting several mos ago when they were so great, and now so terribly poor, the other extreme.

(2) Or, they simply make no attempt or very little effort to get them anymore, org's in particular, perhaps because they are gearing up for WLS and simply no longer care as they soon will have a much different business model with their NetSol partner.

Sure wish I could get some refunds from them :mad:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have made an appointment to speak with a friend at SnapNames by phone tomorrow morning. I'm sure I will get some information on what's going on and I'll get back to everyone on it. This market has undergone a huge upheavel in a very short period of time and I'm sure a lot of adjustments are being made.

Snap has obviously been down lately but in all past dealings I have had with them (or have ever heard about them) they have not passed the buck when things have gone awry. Few if any internet companies have matched the level of customer service they provide, so I just can't believe they are going to leave their customers in the lurch for long. I'll let you know what I find out.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I imagine that some people have 100s if not 1000s of live snapnames backorders.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 more failed snaps today.... but godaddy picked up one of the names snap missed (bout time godaddy got something). :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I had a long phone discussion with SnapNames today and got some answers. I have put my long post in a new thread so everyone will be able to find it easier with the new subject line: "The SnapNames Situation - Here Are Some Answers". Here is a link:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36353

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom