Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Snapnames Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like advice on how to make most effective use of my snapnames subscriptions. I have snaps on domains that are currently active but which I suspect the current registrant will let the domain drop over the next year. I also have snaps on domains that are on hold and domains that will drop very soon. I'm always reluctant to move a snap from one of my better active domains to one that's on hold or ready to drop, because I'm afraid someone else will snap the active domain. Does anyone want to share their strategy or discuss how they handle this type of situation? Do you move your snaps around a lot?

B

beowulf

Ditto. I feel like I'm in the same situation. And I just cant afford to purchase any more snapbacks at the moment. So I think my strategy is going to be... stop... looking... for... potential domains-- coz I cant afford the snapbacks anyway- and I dont want to move some of my more "strategic" snapbacks in the fear that someone else grabs it :)

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would say to sell some of those 10,000 domains you own shiftlock and buy more snaps. Seriously though i would say snapnames is much better to keep on the active domains like you have been doing. When or if WLS comes you will have a great chance to grab these. I would say for names that are about to drop right now you should pick only the best and use other services besides just snapnames.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just have your list of potential snaps ready and when you lose out to BuyDomains or UltSearch or one of the active domains renews for another year, then you can switch your snap over to one of the new names on your list. And if you do a lot of business with Snapnames then you should contact them about getting a volume discount.

If that doesn't help then I would suggest first dropping the snaps on the active domains which are over a month or two from expiration and moving the snaps to the names which are on hold - because they get snapped much faster. Unless you are talking about super high quality active domain names that you are snapping - then I can understand your reluctance to unsnap even months before expiration.

What's a snapper to do?

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Momentum
And if you do a lot of business with Snapnames then you should contact them about getting a volume discount.

What type of quantity discounts will they offer?

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Shiftlock,

This is the information on the Volume Discount Program that was provided to me by Snapnames about six months ago. Personally, I have been in the $49 price bracket ever since.

Every three months, SnapNames will analyze your account activity and adjust your rate for subsequent purchases according to the following schedule:

Monthly Average Discounted Price
40 or more $39
8 to 39 $49
4 to 7 $54
1 to 3 $69 or retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators