Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnapNames was very good to me today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was me vs. BuyDomains for:
greetings.net.

And the winner was...

Big surprise...

BuyDomains

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was such a good name, why don't you just buy it off its owner 1 week prior to expiration date? Most probably, that guy ain't renewing by then.

Besides the expired domain market, I'm sure there is an equally attractive market in identifying expiring domains for good names, and moving in then.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bid, enjoyed your posts over at AN. I look forward to more here at DNF.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, bid! What took you so long :D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys..been at a few other boards causing trouble as usual ;) haha

I just happen to see Tomsters talking about dnforums one day while I was visiting new.net (banned ? hahhahha ) and thought I'd take a look see.

Been busy building sites ..making a few bucks..

have around 50 small sites now...going to cut back and concentrate on building a few larger sites, adding sub-affiliates etc..

I'm getting ready to call it a day..I'll stop by tommorrow

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bid, cool sig :D :D :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner Mole is correct ..the BEST way to aquire a domain you want is to make an offer to the current owner just before the domain is to drop..I have had excellent results.http://Posters.Biz

Hey Bid, Good to see you here finally. I was wondering what happened to you since our old Afternic Forum posting days.

How is everything going and how is your Poster business? Good to see you are still ranked well at Google, depending on the search term.

By the way, I am also working on a Posters website. Hope you don't mind a little potential competition. But only a little since you are so well established by now. Is Art.com the best affiliate to use? Thanks. :)

P.S. Any idea on what happened to 'Radios,' :D he never did show up here. His friend Oohdale did very briefly but seems to have left. And Ms Wanda May (Radios favorite to talk to) was banned from here after a brief barrage of posts, as she did at AN!

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Morning realnames !
Sorry I missed your post...

Still doing the posters..landed Posters.Biz..unbelievable too..it was reg'd once.I even had an email exchange with the previous owner asking it he would consider selling it..No way he said..

a couple months ago I was reging a couple other names and just for the heck of it..(I swear there must have been some divine intervention..I punched in Posters.Biz and it showed available!
Took me 2 seconds to reg it..and a week woorying that it might have just been a screwe up and they would try and take it back !LOLOLO..
apparently the previous owner reg'd it in "bad faith"

Yeah Art.com is still the best IMO
anyone want to learn how to make a few bucks on posters sales .since we cant post recruitemnt links ,go to my site and click the monkey..I'll point some links at you to help your google ranking.

Oodale is still up and running ..he is one of my subs and I see he has made sales.

Ms wanda I believe is imagines chat ..ell I dont see the link in my favorites right at the moment but a few of the old AN there...remind me..I'll check for the link again..I havenmt been over there for over a month..

banned from here LOL..

I was banned from Ricks S board .aka domain king because all the pros think it's a great idea to make as many pop ups and pop unders and then ad pages to where the surfer cant leave their site.. I was banned because I thought that was kind of scummy...well not that I THINK it's scummy ..might of had something to do with the fact that I VOCALIZED it's scummy LOLOLO..

not showing your poster site ?

selling any domains or building sites ?

BID

Ahh, fellow resellers...

Worry not, soon anyone will have the ability to "Back Order" a domain name on SnapNames and get it 100% of the time.

The price will increase, but the first person to back order a name will surely get it.

Why? SnapNames is joining hands with a world leader in domain name registrations. Their system should be operational within 1.5 years.

What will happen then... .:confused: A change for the better lets hope.

C-ya :cool:
Luc L

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, Realnames - the WHOIS will have updated by now.

Time to tell us the fabulous name Snapname got for you.

Originally posted by Drewbert
Well, Realnames - the WHOIS will have updated by now.

Time to tell us the fabulous name Snapname got for you.

Motion is seconded...reveal it, you domain-tease!

Miles

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink Motion is seconded...reveal it, you domain-tease! Miles

I wanted to reveal it but still can not as some of the contacts info is not right in Whois and the odd registrant firm (who I never heard of before) has bugs in their system where I am unable to make changes. As soon as the 60 day required wait time is up I will transfer it to OpenSRS, a much better registrant.

Plus, I really can't reveal it anyway at this time for security reasons unless domain locking is in place. But am unable to find locking capacity on their control panel, it may be there, I just don't see it.

As soon as those obstacles are resolved I can then reveal it. By the way, it's not that fantastic of a name, but as I said earlier it's a so called mid-cap name, an old Afternic term they used heavily.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys -

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Realnames: Another reason I am reluctant to reveal the name is that it is so 'good' I want to see it for myself in tomorrow's Whois. If it was an average name I would not care too much if you knew the name.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
From Realnames: I know but please don't misunderstand, it is NOT a 'great' name or top-tier one.

Exactly what are you trying to say with this post Safesys? There is a big difference between GOOD and GREAT.

The name is a keyword industry specific mid-cap name with other benefits too, but not neccesarily a great top-tier name.

That's all I was trying to say with those 2 statements you are now implying are in contast with each other.

P.S. I might add that I am starting to get a bit annoyed with you constantly playing the Devils Advocate with me. I like doing so myself sometimes but try restraining myself from doing it only if justified or to get an educational reply back, not too often do so simply to take issue or cast negative connotations toward other members. :mad:

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Plus, I really can't reveal it anyway at this time for security reasons unless domain locking is in place. But am unable to find locking capacity on their control panel, it may be there, I just don't see it.

are you afraid one of us might want to hijack it? :)

maybe you could at least reveal the registrar so that someone here can help you make the necessary changes? think about it, it's for security reasons.

:)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle are you afraid one of us might want to hijack it? :) maybe you could at least reveal the registrar so that someone here can help you make the necessary changes? think about it, it's for security reasons. :)

No, of course not but this is still a public board. But I mainly want to Registry Lock it as the name is such a good one.

As far as the registrar goes, as I type this I can't even rememeber the firms name myself. SnapNames has many new partners they reg the snapbacks at. Some are small obscure firms, some are also located overseas, unlikely places like India. This is one of them, very small and obscure, I am sure virtually no one here ever heard of them. If it were a firm I thought someone knew of then I would recall their name and give it here and ask for some feedback.

BTW, I don't understand what the big deal is with this thread I started and so many wanting this Snapback name identified so much. It's not just me, it seems very common here for many of us to keep our domains secretive, especially ones recently sold or acquired. Many members here seem to keep things secret. Why? I am not really sure why myself :confused: Anyone's feedback on the possible reasons for this are welcome?

Realnames, to my mind your comments do contradict each other. Afternic midcap names are "average" names - yet you said if it were an average name you would tell us and that it is "so good" etc.

The reason why people are interested in the name is because of the way you have repeatedly posted in a "tease" like way suggesting you got a real gem and have since back pedalled. If you don't want to divulge the name, just say so and then we can all move on.

BTW, might I remind you, that you have been happy to question my own posts (5k a a day to make money from ppc etc) - this is normal in a forum where not everything is taken or accepted purely at face value. Questioning is healthy but it cuts both ways.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys Realnames, to my mind your comments do contradict each other. Afternic midcap names are "average" names - yet you said if it were an average name you would tell us and that it is "so good" etc. The reason why people are interested in the name is because of the way you have repeatedly posted in a "tease" like way suggesting you got a real gem and have since back pedalled. If you don't want to divulge the name, just say so and then we can all move on. BTW, might I remind you, that you have been happy to question my own posts (5k a a day to make money from ppc etc) - this is normal in a forum where not everything is taken or accepted purely at face value. Questioning is healthy but it cuts both ways.

I don't recall saying Midcap Names were only Avergage, when did I say that? If I did that it must have been a typo or was misstated somehow, as Midcaps are well above Average, just below top-tier names.

I like to think there are 5 levels of names -

1. High Profile, names like Business.com Loans.com Drugs.com Stocks.com Art.com Sex.com Amazon.com RealEstate.com AOL.com Travel.com
2. Top Tier, names like StockMarket.com eBusiness.com Commodities.com Reservations.com Webhosting.com
3. Midcap, names like StockTrading.com CommodityTrading.com FuturesMarkets.com Websites.com WebsiteDesign.com
4. Average, names like JohnRSmith.net AutoPriceQuotations.com
5. Worthless (most non-developed brandable names & trademark issues fall in this category), OnlineInternet-iBizness.com todaysgaggles.com 1234wxyz.com AmezonBooks.com AOL-News.com

I may be wrong on the names in those categories as its subjective of course. Anyone here have feedback on my quality ranking theory or a better one??

Regarding the questioining of your Post regarding you saying '5,000 uniques a day are needed to generate worthwhile profits by selling high-ticket products.' That was questioned as it was obviously incorrect, as you did say high-ticket products, not just PPC.

In a post I made a short time earlier I mentioned how I have a few websites only getting 50 to 150 a day and it was enough to support my family well and be 100% web-based since 1997, yet you posted that 5,000/day were really needed, approx' 50 times the volume of traffic. Perhaps that post of yours was in error or misstated at the time. We all make errors in posts oocasionally, I know that for a fact :eek:

Safesys, thanks for your contributions, help and feedback on many subjects. You are very knowledgable on most issues and well respected. :)

Average to worthless and nothing in between? the name "midcap" suggests middle - that is what average means, the mid value.

Regarding the questioining of your Post regarding 5,000 uniques a day are needed to generate worthwhile profits by selling high-ticket products. That was questioned as it was obviously incorrect, as you did say high-ticket products, not just PPC.

That is absolutely not what I said. The comment re 5k uniques was always in the context of ppc. I didn't realise I had to spell that out in each and every sentence of a post relating specifically to ppc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators