Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnapNames was very good to me today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

to clarify, here is my first mention of 5k uniques in the thread "ppc success" ( http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2674 ):

I don't know what level of revenue you'd be happy with, but typically traffic over 5k uniques a day would make ppc worthwhile

the next reference I made was

You would need the 5,000 hits to come from type ins to make any high ticket purchase worthwhile

which followed your post re buying a domain with 5k uniques:

Just wondering why it is difficult to buy a domain with 5,000/day? Does anyone here have one for sale, is so the price please??

The "high ticket purchase" related to the domain purchase (in keeping with your post content) and not a high ticket product being sold.

Domain summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys Average to worthless and nothing in between? the name "midcap" suggests middle - that is what average means, the mid value. That is absolutely not what I said. The comment re 5k uniques was always in the context of ppc. I didn't realise I had to spell that out in each and every sentence of a post relating specifically to ppc.

I am not positive but think the term MidCap (re domains) got popular at Afternic and it means Mid-Capitilization as far as financial terms go, it was intended to mean substantial financial capitilization but somewhat below upper tier financial position. I also think it has always been a well known financial term and will look into that some more.

It was definately meant to mean something greater than just 'average.' I realize some of these terms are open to interpretaion and that may be one of them but I think if you ask an accountant or banker they will tell you it means a lot more than only average, like run by a Ma and Pa business.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yawn. Geez guys, where's this thread going?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys to clarify, here is my first mention of 5k uniques in the thread "ppc success" ( http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2674 ): the next reference I made was - which followed your post re buying a domain with 5k uniques: The "high ticket purchase" related to the domain purchase (in keeping with your post content) and not a high ticket product being sold.

Sorry safesys, obviously my error in thinking 'high ticket' meant selling high ticket products on a website, whereas you meant high ticket domain name purchase price. :eek:

This is the type of thing which starts wars - communications problems! If only we could all communicate better or understand what others are saying correctly. I apologize over this misunderstanduiing and communications problem :)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I wanted to reveal it but still can not as some of the contacts info is not right in Whois and the odd registrant firm (who I never heard of before) has bugs in their system where I am unable to make changes. As soon as the 60 day required wait time is up I will transfer it to OpenSRS, a much better registrant.

Plus, I really can't reveal it anyway at this time for security reasons unless domain locking is in place. But am unable to find locking capacity on their control panel, it may be there, I just don't see it.

As soon as those obstacles are resolved I can then reveal it. By the way, it's not that fantastic of a name, but as I said earlier it's a so called mid-cap name, an old Afternic term they used heavily.

What was the name?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys, if RN doesn't want to tell the world that's his choice. Just appreciate that he told us he had some success with Snap.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
5 months and no name disclosed ?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You guys need to know that there really wasn't any name and it was simply a ploy for RealNames to earn more DNF$ to get the glow on his username.

Another few more posts to this thread and he'll have enough for two avatars :)

jk

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's right Fizz, I tried to keep this thread going as long as possible (5-mos now) to get more dnf bucks - I was going to ask Gregr to put a glow on all the words in my posts not just name - LOL.

I don't know what the fascination is with this name. Perhaps I over-hyped it a bit. That was because it was my first Snap on a name which I thought was really valuable at the time.

It's not a great name, only midcap. It also gets no where near the type-ins I expected, though it is in fact a key industry term with good numbers at Suggestion Tool. Since I put up an index page counter it only gets on average less than about 10 a week.

Seriouslly, I actually revealed the name as part of a post back in July by deliberately sneaking the name it the post, but did not point that out to anyone. The web-site is under develoment - once developed and listed in the SE's, traffic may be good.

http://www.futuresmarkets.com/

Here is that post - comments are very welcome again on my ranking categories below -

Reprint - I like to think there are 5 levels of names -

1. High Profile, names like Business.com Loans.com Drugs.com Stocks.com Art.com Sex.com Amazon.com RealEstate.com AOL.com Travel.com
2. Top Tier, names like StockMarket.com eBusiness.com Commodities.com Reservations.com Webhosting.com
3. Midcap, names like StockTrading.com CommodityTrading.com FuturesMarkets.com Websites.com WebsiteDesign.com
4. Average, names like JohnRSmith.net AutoPriceQuotations.com
5. Worthless (most non-developed brandable names & trademark issues fall in this category), OnlineInternet-iBizness.com todaysgaggles.com 1234wxyz.com AmezonBooks.com AOL-News.com

I may be wrong on the names in those categories as its subjective of course. Anyone here have feedback on my quality ranking theory or a better one??

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lotsofissues
Maybe he just realized there is so much hyperbole in his introduction and anticipation from us for a sub-worthy name, so he feels embarrassed to reveal it.

He must be beet red about now. :D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously he got a dud.

Better luck next time, realnames.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr He must be beet red about now. :D

Yes, beet red - LOL.

Actually, the name is not really such a dud but perhaps I did over-hype it a small bit ;)

Searches done in November 2002
Count Search Term
1785 future market
340 future stock market
291 cattle future grassland market program reserve
102 journal of future market
94 future job market
68 future market quote
59 cattle future market
55 future and option market
51 commodity future market
38 chart commodity financial future market
35 future livestock market
29 future market porkbellies
28 future market system timing
25 future market online

P.S. The word future shows as singular by ST but it really is a plural.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oops, I thought the name was still unrevelaed.

I see it is futuresmarkets.com

not horrible.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr Did that counter start 5 months ago? :)

Yes, I had the small developmental site online within a few days in July. Have not had time to finish the site.

Counter was at zero. Only 220 hits since then, perhaps about 10-week is all. They are mostly pure type-ins so not too bad but far less than expected.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Midcap, names like StockTrading.com CommodityTrading.com FuturesMarkets.com Websites.com WebsiteDesign.com

Sorry FuturesMarket.com doesn't belong in that group.

At best average leaning toward useless.:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom