Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnowStorm.org, Teeball.org, USCampgroud.com, Racetrack.us + more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(4) Domains Sold.

SOLD.

Last edited:

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(1) Domain - SOLD

Brad

Last edited:

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Beware BUYER newviewit

He made an offer, I accepted the offer, and he confirmed the deal. He later backed out with buyer's remorse. Here is the PM exchange:

Original PM on 6/29 at 6:16 PM:

offer $150 for the following 4 domains

stooges.org
carshops.org
railwaystations.org
compacts.org

My Response at 7:35 pm (little over an hour later)
Done! Masspay $150 to XXXXXXXXXXX. I need both your Fabulous and Enom ID.

Regards,

-bob

At this point, the DEAL IS SEALED. He made an offer, I accepted. PERIOD!

His response at 7:59 PM
Is PayPal ok? What's the email address? I'm not too familiar with MassPay...

Done work for today but will send the money first thing in the morning.

Have a nice day,
Derek

Not only do we have a deal, but he has CONFIRMED it by stating he will make payment in the morning.

I get another PM from this clown this am:

His PM at 9:51 AM

sorry have to cancel the offer... mix up on my end with the keyword research. Apologies

I say that it is his prerogative to back out, but also tell him that I am going to report him to the unrsolved forum sales forum. The standard in the forum is that when a DEAL IS SEALED, you honor your commitment. After further dispute that "we never agreed to payment terms", I simply tell him that I will leave negative feedback, report him as not completing a deal as agreed to, and will never deal with him again. No threats intended, but this will the the course of action I follow. As you can surmise by this post, he chose not to honor his commitment and backed out. Should he choose to honor his commitment, I will erase all of this post. Otherwise, I want to warn all other parties who might consider working with him.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
carshops.org sold if you're putting back on market

newviewit

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't have time to cut and paste emails but here's a recap of what happened:

offered $150 to Bob for 4 domains, he replied and said 'yes' but then asked for MassPay which I am unfamiliar with...

So I needed to clarify if strict PayPal was ok and quit work for the day.

Next morning got a reply saying that if I wanted to pay with PayPal then the price would be $157 (changed the agreed upon price).

I'm not one for nickle and diming prices so I canceled my offer (said that I had mixed up keyword research to avoid confrontation). Expected this to be fine but no...

Bob returned with threats saying I backed out of the deal and got nasty.

Told Bob I did not wish to do business with him and said I couldn't trust him.

Really silly to make such a big deal out of something so small... so I got a negative itrader and so did he. Nothing accomplished. End o story. Don't have time for this petty stuff.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with Bob on different occasions and have only had positive experience. It stated in his sales thread "Payment by MASSPAY Paypal only. Any other method at your expense.". If you choose to use PayPal you would be required to cover the fees that are associated with it so I don't see how he done anything wrong. If you didn't understand or know how to proceed with mass pay you should have asked for directions on how to proceed. Its basically using paypal and uploading a text document allowing you to pay with the balance so he does not have to pay fees for the transaction.

newviewit

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you notice that post was edited a few hours ago... it said different before which is why I was asking about only PayPal payments. Yesterday was a long day and I didn't want to spend time looking into Masspay when I have used straight PayPal for years.

This is a non story. BOTH of us have had nothing but positive itrader ratings in the past so it was silly for him to take this matter further. They are good domains and I'm sure he will be able to find another buyer... which he already has!

Last edited:

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually it said masspay only the entire time..I purchased a few names from him

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you notice that post was edited a few hours ago... it said different before which is why I was asking about only PayPal payments. Yesterday was a long day and I didn't want to spend time looking into Masspay when I have used straight PayPal for years.

I just checked the edit history, even the original post said that.

Payment by MASSPAY Paypal only. Any other method at your expense.

Please PM if you would like a name. First-come-first served.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I seen the original post so I didn't post blindly. My point was simple. If you didn't want to pay with his method or have time to figure it out you shouldn't have posted. You were in the wrong & I think his negative itrader should be removed. IMO

newviewit

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both of our negative itrader ratings should be removed. Honestly I don't remember seeing MassPay, all I saw was PayPal and that's the only method of payment I was going to use. My offer was $150 including all fees... not $157.

I've had numerous people change their minds before payment was made and the professional thing to do is to allow for misunderstandings. Not reply with threats and escalate the situation into something it's not.

We both had 100% positive ratings before this and having this on our itrader accounts is ridiculous...

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had numerous people change their minds before payment was made and the professional thing to do is to allow for misunderstandings.

A misunderstanding about the payment method is one thing (though MassPay was clearly stated); telling him "sorry have to cancel the offer... mix up on my end with the keyword research" is quite another. I hope he'll be considerate enough to remove your negative feedback, but next time you're in a jam, just tell the truth about it instead of inventing an excuse - you'll probably get a better outcome.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw the thread, and it clearly said Masspay or buyer pays fees, which is all that the seller was asking for the buyer to cover (not changing the price as the negative feedback comment left for the seller says).

If you back out of a deal like this you should expect negative feedback and take it like a man. It is bad enough to cancel the deal, but to post a negative feedback for the seller out of revenge is the worst thing I see about this whole situation. Don't cause the problem then tarnish the seller's perfect reputation on the way out...bad form.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
uh-huh. 8 years of perfect feedback as one of the original members of this forum - down cause somebody did not understand. Oh well. Most people know I am reputable. :)

To all who have bought: Domains have been pushed.

To GeoOwners: I received the small unmarked non-sequential paypal payments. The merchandise has been left at the designated drop spot. I tried to PM you, but your box is full. - Guido

-Bob

I saw the thread, and it clearly said Masspay or buyer pays fees, which is all that the seller was asking for the buyer to cover (not changing the price as the negative feedback comment left for the seller says).

If you back out of a deal like this you should expect negative feedback and take it like a man. It is bad enough to cancel the deal, but to post a negative feedback for the seller out of revenge is the worst thing I see about this whole situation. Don't cause the problem then tarnish the seller's perfect reputation on the way out...bad form.

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to use masspay you can choose personal payment and choose to pay the fees at the time you are sending payment. Should have read the initial terms before making an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators