• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Someone got the .eu of my domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJP

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

Just wondering what's the best way of going about this, I've never had to deal with this kind of thing but I'm sure many of you long-timers will have...

I found out the other day that one of the websites I own, getting 9-10k uniques a day, after someone asked whether I'd registered it with the .eu extension that someone has registered it already. It's not a generic name, so I'm fairly certain that this guy has registered it in bad faith, and he's parked it at EuroDNS. I'm aware that miscellaneous typos of my site are also registered (but to some massive companies I can't be bothered to deal with), but this is the first time someone has registered the exact name with a different extension.

I would simply like to buy this .eu domain off him, obviously I'm willing to pay the reg fee for it, but what should I say if he starts trying to sell it to me for a ridiculous price? I'd like to email him about it to let him know I'd like the domain, but I'm not sure what to say without coming across as angry and demanding.

Also it's not a big company or anything, a whois seems to reveal his name and home address.

Thanks for any advice
 
If your name isn't trademarked then there's nothing you can do really i think (????)
 
Nope, not the sort of thing you'd trademark, it's a fansite.

I guess I'll just email him politely asking to buy it from him.
 
Oh ok! GL getting the name.
 
whats the domain?
I will see what I can do for you, perhaps I know this person.
PM me if you do not want to post it here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom