Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Spam To Dnf Account Emails

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
After 10+ years of using a particular email just to receive DNForum notifications, it started getting both spam and hacking attempts. Since I don't use that email anywhere else, nor do I reply anywhere with that email, that can only mean that the DNForum email database has been compromised or otherwise shared. I'd advise everyone to change their email password, or email altogether.

Upvote 0

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One week later.
Today I received spam to the new forwarder E-mail address. That means there is a flaw, that is still being exploited.

Somebody has to review the webserver logs and look for patterns of SQL injection.

Domain summit 2024

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I changed my email address just for my DNForum account. The email address is not a guessable string of characters and isn't used anywhere else.

Today I got my first spam message to the address...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hey guys. I gave up updating here, but I can assure you I get plenty of spam daily to this dedicated (and twice changed) DNF email addy.

Since we have a new Admin, it's important that they become aware of this issue here. Not sure how to report it, any suggestions?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators