• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Spam To Dnf Account Emails

Theo

New Member
The Originals
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
30,303
Reaction score
2,217
After 10+ years of using a particular email just to receive DNForum notifications, it started getting both spam and hacking attempts. Since I don't use that email anywhere else, nor do I reply anywhere with that email, that can only mean that the DNForum email database has been compromised or otherwise shared. I'd advise everyone to change their email password, or email altogether.
 
Upvote 0
One week later.
Today I received spam to the new forwarder E-mail address. That means there is a flaw, that is still being exploited.

Somebody has to review the webserver logs and look for patterns of SQL injection.
 
A couple of weeks ago, I changed my email address just for my DNForum account. The email address is not a guessable string of characters and isn't used anywhere else.

Today I got my first spam message to the address...
 
Hey guys. I gave up updating here, but I can assure you I get plenty of spam daily to this dedicated (and twice changed) DNF email addy.
 
Since we have a new Admin, it's important that they become aware of this issue here. Not sure how to report it, any suggestions?
 
Back
Top Bottom