Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

STAY AWAY FROM POOL.COM and NAMESCOUT.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE - STAY AWAY FROM POOL.COM and NAMESCOUT.COM !!!!

In February 2008 I have purchased a package of few LLLL domains from a member on DNF. Those domains were registered with namescout and all paid and transferred without any problems.
4 months later when I sold one of those domains and wanted to transfer it out from namescout I have been welcomed with a message on my account saying
“Your account is on hold (something like that) ”, no emails from namescout informing me about this, nothing..., so I have emailed namescout to ask what’s going on:

1st reply received: “ Thank you for contacting Customer Service. This account has been put on hold relating to an instance of fraud.” - ok wtf guys ? some more info please, they don’t give a sh*t at all.

2nd reply received: “You would need to contact Pool.com for more information regarding this issue as it is associated with two Pool accounts.” - and so I did.

Reply from Pool: “The Pool.com client that ordered these domains was discovered to be fraudulent. I cannot provide any details on how we determined this but I can assure you the domains were purchased by a fraudulent user of our services and that is why the Namescout.com account has been placed on hold. I have just emailed our accounting department to determine what options are available to resolve this issue and I will contact you again as soon as possible when I can provide further information.” No update for a month, so I have sent them another email:

2nd reply from Pool: “After carefully checking my records I can see that unfortunately I did not receive any response back from our accounting department about this issue. I have now emailed our accounting manager directly to request guidance on if we can resolve payment for these domains and provide you access to them again. I will contact you when I have any information to provide.”

And never heard back from them....Namescout started sending me some stupid promotion and whois review emails but still no updates to this what interested me most.Later I have started receiving renewal reminders, but guess what... I couldn’t renew those domains !!! So another email to Namescout asking if it’s possible to get an update and renew those domains.

Reply from Namescout: “You will need to rectify the issue with your Pool.com accounts in order to gain access to these domain names again. Once the issue has been cleared up, Pool.com will contact us on your behalf to let us know, and the account will be taken off hold.”

I have sent several emails to namescout and pool, I wanted to renew those domains, but NO ! they have redirected me to pool again !

So I have emailed pool and this is what I got in reply: “After carefully checking my records I can see that unfortunately I did not receive any response back from our accounting department about this issue. I have now emailed our accounting manager directly to request guidance on if we can resolve payment for these domains and provide you access to them again. I will contact you when I have any information to provide.”

Same bullsh*t again !!! Can you imagine that they have sent me the same email 2x ??? Aaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!

Completely pissed off I have emailed Namescout and received the following reply: “I will attempt to contact Pool on your behalf but we Namescout have no control over this. This is a fraud issue at Pool and it must be resolved at pool.” Again no reply for weeks and the same bullsh*t all over again.

Always being referred to Pool, but no update from Pool. So they didn't let me access the account to renew those domains because of the investigation, but they have let all domains expire, although I told them several times that I want renew those domains, sent them payment so they can renew them, etc !!!!!

Reply from Namescout after they told me that Namescout will contact Pool: “As was previously stated, the account is on hold due to fraud reasons. You will need to resolve this issue with Pool.com. The account cannot be taken off hold and the domains cannot be accessed until this has been done.”

And after another email to Namescout when those domains were already few days/weeks pass the expiry date I have received the following reply: “In order to remove the hold on Master N-DMQN8, namescout.com requires that you FAX us the following information:

A signed statement from the cardholder accepting responsibility for the charge;
A photocopy of the credit card (front and back) to confirm signature and possession; and
A clear photocopy (front and back) of one piece of photo identification.

Failure to respond will result in a cancellation of all transactions.

Upon receipt of this fax, namescout.com will remove the hold on Master N-DMQN8.
For your convenience, the statement we have requested is set out below. Please print this email, and fax the signed statement together with the photocopy of the card to Accounts Receivable - namescout.com, (613)-221-1205.

Your order will be completed as soon as the information has been verified. We apologize for the inconvenience but security is everyone’s concern.

Sincerely,

Accounts Receivable - namescout.com

I authorized the following charge:

Cardholder Name:

Card Number:

Type:

Expiry:

Amount: $70.00

Date of Transaction:

Domain: xxxx.com

Signature:
I accept responsibility for the charge to this credit card for this transaction Next domain: I authorized the following charge:...Signature:
I accept responsibility for the charge to this credit card for this transaction
”

(the same for each domain)

I have given up... they have requested those information from me after those domains have expired even though I have offered them to sent those papers 8 months ago and next they tried to sell me my domains...... it has all started in June 08’ and finished in March 09’, well not finished yet, because I still don’t have those domains.... only lost my time, money spent on the purchase and what’s most important my mental health.

MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE - STAY AWAY FROM POOL.COM and NAMESCOUT.COM !!!!

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name of the member sold you the domains?

VTEC

Flying at 9.200 rpm...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name of the member sold you the domains?

widedesigns

who has replied on my email:

"Sorry for delay in replying, i hardly visit the forums these days.

I dont understand what namescount days. I dint buy the domains from pool.com , i purchased the domains from a namepros.com thread. So if one of previous previous user purchased from pool.com fraudlently, why you and me should be responsible?
Also till the purchased is verified , why do they allow transfer of domains to other users.

Anyway just mail namescout with with these points."

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting...so what happen with the domains? did they expire or did Pool.com keep them?

who is the registrar???

:) keep us updated.

Last edited:

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Replied to your thread in another forum. Hope it works out somehow.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey VTEC, I will send you a PM as well, I'd liek to try and get ahold of you but there is insufficient information in your Pool account to do so, please try to get intouch with me directly.

[email protected]

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool.com also pushed our domain names to Namescout (without asking us at all).

We have been trying to transfer two of our domain names away from Namescout for months now and are at the point of extreme frustration.

Despite 100 steps, they won't allow us to do something which takes five minutes with every other domain name registrar.

They don't answer their emails, there is never anybody there when we ring them (and it won’t allow me to leave a message), and there is never anybody on your live chat whenever we visit their website.

When we fill in the contact form on their site, we don't get a reply.

If anybody from Namescout or their parent Momentus sees this, can you please email us urgently at domains [at] azam.net . Thank you.

nnnils

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same experience here, no replies to any e-mail sent to Namescout / Pool.com

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same experience here, no replies to any e-mail sent to Namescout / Pool.com

Sorry to hear that. They are a nightmare to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom