• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed SteadyIncomes.com - should I renew?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2003
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
0
SteadyIncomes.com is coming up for renewal. It's never been terribly well received in appraisals. (Btw, there's a .co.uk up and running.) What's your opinion: Should I renew, or let it drop?
 
.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, dvestors - really no way to tell about the traffic, but I doubt there's anything significant.

dvestors said:
I don't like the name much.

To tell you the truth, neither do I (anymore, that is - I liked it just a bit before, enough to reg). But whatever you do, don't tell a living soul, ok? :wink:
 
Singular would have been better. It was probably worth a punt, but if the traffic is low and you have better targets then let it go.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon
 
I wouldn't renew it.
Without the "S" I'd consider it of course, but not how it is.

Kevin.
 
Email the .co.uk Owner and see if you can get anything?
 
Think of it this way, the renewal costs $7 to $10. Is there a
better name you can reg, or something better you can spend
the money on? If not, renew it. If yes, spend the money elsewhere.
To me it's a tough call, it seems like a decent domain and term.
Then again, renewals are cheap.
Another idea, if you're going to let it drop anyway, try selling it first
in the sales section if you have enough time left.
good luck!
 
i'd renew it ... we all looking for steady incomes!
 
I would have renewed it. If it's not a good name, why would you registered it in the first place right? I can think of tons of things you can do with that name. Build it up and sell it.

Good luck.
 
Thanks for all these posts. I must say the case for renewal is looking better, now, although I still feel the original desire to cut loose.

One of the posters in this thread made me a rather cordial offer of $30 in lieu of dropping, and another member expressed a "shot in the dark" desire for it if I'm going to let it drop. Gotta love positive initiative, including that of the one who simply asked for it without any offer (that's right).

The one who offered $30 also said "that's what I would appraise this domain without development."

Looks like the question's a bit more complicated for me now. Should I angle for a higher bid in the sales section? Maybe I should contact the .co.uk. Part of me is tempted to dump it for the $30 and move on, or at least give the other person an opportunity to top it. This has turned into a much more interesting and enjoyable appraisal thread than I ever expected. As far as valuation goes, is there anyone out there who would want to appraise higher than $xx or $30 without development as well?
 
If it takes alot of your time, and 30$ is close the highest you'll get... then let it go to someone who will put time into it. I've bought alot of names worth less than 50$ with little hope for them in the future, and if someone offers me 30 I'd take it. You have to consider the value of your time.

It has the potential to be something, but time is what it will cost you. And how much will you gain.

Hope you can take something positive from my words.

Kevin.
 
Thanks, Kevin, appreciate your thoughts. I PM'd the person with the offer over the weekend with a go ahead, but no follow up so far. I also emailed the "registrant's agent" listed for the .co.uk since I didn't find any registrant email in the whois, but haven't received any response. Probably won't renew, but will also wait and see if offers come in until close to the end. Further thoughts on value welcome too...
 
You've already lost the renewal fee by posting and re-posting here. It looks like you have spend several hours agonizing over whether you should renew this name. I don't get it. Renew the damn thing or don't, but this domain is costing you more than it is worth. Seriously, you could have searched the net for a great name in this time and likely found one a lot better. Me too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom