Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Stolen CC.com in my posession - Escrow.com, Netsol and FBI involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnbroker77

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

so many months back I bought a CC.com for 10,000$, from a domain broker who now I know is a thief. The funny thing is, this thief was actually the whois email of a very good LLL.com (a company), so I had no idea trusting the seller at the time.

I went through escrow.com, sent the payment, and when it came time for transfer (at netsol), the domain was under a "temporary lock".

I called netsol to see whats up with the domain, ask if it's stolen, and the rep assured me that everything was fine with the domain, and the lock was there simply because of protection for the account. The rep then offered to merge the account in which the CC.com was and my account, and then she did.

So now I have the domain name in my netsol account.

Many weeks after I purchased the name, Netsol calls me up telling me that the domain I have is stolen, and the previous owner wants it back. I immediately tell them that as I would be more than happy to return this (25k+) CC.com as long as I get my 10,000$ back. (fair enough, right?) I also assured netsol that I won't be transfering the domain out, and that I am there for their full cooperation if they needed my help for anything. I forwarded them all emails and did everything they asked.

So now, NetSol is calling me up telling me how I am partially to blame because I did not investigate this locked status (me calling and explicitly making sure everything is fine with the domain name wasn't enough obviously). They also tell me to speak to Escrow to see how I can get my money back.

Turns out Escrow can't get my money back without the bank owner's (the hijacker's) consent, which we all know we aren't getting.

Now the situation is that Netsol called the FBI about the situation, and the FBI will contact escrow asking for the bank information of the hijacker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of story

Netsol is obviously to blame here: allowing account to be hacked, allowing domain to be transfered, telling me everything is good with the domain name...

What do I do?
Do I hire a lawyer?
Does it look like I will be taking a 10,000$ hit?
It is also important to note that I am a Canadian, so what can the FBI possibly do for me?

Help a friend out!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately bro, plan on losing 10k and the name ;(

Call John Berryhill, maybe he can offer you his services...

http://www.johnberryhill.com

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately bro, plan on losing 10k and the name ;(

Call John Berryhill, maybe he can offer you his services...

http://www.johnberryhill.com

Second time I clicked that link, second time it crashed my internet (FireFox) :disappointed:

Good luck bdjuf, I almost fell for it on another cc.com, same guy.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Second time I clicked that link, second time it crashed my internet (FireFox) :disappointed:

Good luck bdjuf, I almost fell for it on another cc.com, same guy.

you gotta get off that cable tv internet connection

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you gotta get off that cable tv internet connection
shush it's not the cable connection which made it freeze, everything is high speed till I open his page! :upset: second time i clicked it and everything closed

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make as much noise as you can about netsol's role in all this. If everything you said here is accurate it sounds like they are going to do everything they can to avoid any responsibility.

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Robert,whois email on DVQ.com seems to be changed now to [email protected].

This is damn problem with netsol.try consulting with some lawyers.don't tell em the you will let it go for 10k IMO.coz,you invested the money for many months ago.

Last edited:

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make as much noise as you can about netsol's role in all this. If everything you said here is accurate it sounds like they are going to do everything they can to avoid any responsibility.

IMO Poker is right, make noise.. What large customer oriented corporation doesn't maintain records of customer service interactions?

They've got a record somewhere whether its on your file, that you called with detail or on the voice recording system.. never forget those "We may record your call for quality assurance blah blah blah"

Having a good lawyer in your corner is always recommended, but pretty quickly youll have to decide whether its about principles or dollars - good lawyers cost ..

Best of luck

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I'm with Poker on this one. I'd contact every single domain news source I could. I'd hire a publicist or someone who has contacts with all the domain name news websites, and do a story with them. Maybe contacting Ron Jackson at DNjournal.com would be a great start, because if your story pans out the way you tell it, this is a pretty good scoop on the domain buying process.

1) You have a domain seller and buyer
2) You have a top three registrar controlling the transfer
3) You have the #1 domain escrow service (escrow.com) handling the deal
4) You paid five figures for the domain
5) The whole deal, which you entered into with good faith and followed the rules, has now set you up with a lunch date (more likely early breakfast) party with the Feds (U.S style! Freedom rules in our country! *cough*)

I'd post this story on all the other forums too, but I'd try to contact DNjournal (sorry for the pressure, RJ) because they have the most visible power in the industry to get a story out and get good results from it. Plus RJ is a major figure for fairness in the domain industry.

good luck bro. If you need some further guidance, don't hesitate to PM me.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
to add to this noise~ i have one of mine domains looked at netsol for almost two years and cant recover it as they say i need "first registrants" permission

to cut long story short~ i would definitely sue them at the first suitable time........

i hope they are getting sued properly currently

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BDjuf -

There are a number of posts in the warning forum on another board about the username Rosenbloom. Feel free to PM me if you want info on the url as i dont want to post about another forum in the thread.

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
transfer name to joker.com as fast as you can because you can lose your money and domain .

If you do not like this company just go to another europe or russian company.

I suggesting you to transfer your domain to russian company because of law they not coop width vipo or fbi .

If you need any assistance feel free to contact, but hurry up .

Last edited:

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
transfer name to joker.com as fast as you can because you can lose your money and domain .

If you do not like this company just go to another europe or russian company.

I suggesting you to transfer your domain to russian company because of law they not coop width vipo or fbi .

If you need any assistance feel free to contact, but hurry up .

at this point, i don't think netsol will let him transfer the name.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He may still be able to but like he said, he wants to fully cooperate with NetSol and not transfer it out

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NetSol wants to have time to lock this name full . I am sure what he loose name and money if not transfer this domain .

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes but transferring the name makes him look like he is not willing to cooperate, right? If he knows he has stolen property he can't hide it, he has to "turn it in". He will have to take the thief or NetSol to court, and from the way it sounds, NetSol did a terrible job insuring both parties safety during the transaction.

ernestjev

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hm , but fbi takes this domain to previous owner.

cc is width letters or width numbers ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom