Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Strange Results Sedo Search ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loupe

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been testing the search function of Sedo to see if it displays all domains for which an exact match is available. I noticed the results vary, sometimes it shows domains which i know exist like <exactmatch>.tld but most of the time it doesn't. It shows usually the known TLDs with the exact match but others simply are not shown.

This is the default search, no options changed, just go to Sedo and type only the word for which you want to see exact match results.

For example;

I type 247 and click on search. It returns X amount of results for "Domains Matching your exact keyword". But i know for a fact there are more exact match domains available at Sedo but they are not shown. The same happens with any other word i test with. It shows X results for the exact match but still not others i know exist in Sedo. Ofcourse if type <exactmatch>.tld it'll show those which it didn't at first.

So before i draw conclusions about this strange behaviour of Sedo search can someone test too and see if they get the same results ?

If this is true, it means that alot of people in some TLDs might be losing sales because they are not coming up in the search for an exact match.

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo search is full of shortcomings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators